Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #31
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
I followed the instructions but still could not sign onto the gtalk. I will have another look later on today or tomorrow.

Katzki,

Place the IQ_gapps folder in the the ADB's "platform-tools" folder.

If you use windoze, use the red command to copy the folder to the device. That works for me:

adb push IQ_gapps /system instead of adb shell /***** /system

aceflor,

Took me a while to figure out the usb_drivers too. This works for me on Windoze 7. I am assuming you are using the Nook Colour usb_driver.

Hook up your IQ

Start > Right click Computer > Device Manager

Do you see ADB Android device or something like that with an exclamation mark?

If you do, Right click that device

Go to Details tab
Under property, change from "Device Description" to "Hardware Ids"

You will see two lines. For me they are:

USB\VID_18D1&PID_B004&MI_01
USB\VID_18D1&PID_B004&REV_0224&MI_01

Copy the two lines that you see into a notepad for later.

Now you now need to make changes to 2 files:

1. Open up your "adb_usb.ini" (in your .android folder). You will see:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE. 0x2080

Change the 0x2080 to whatever number you have after VID_from the 2 red lines above. For me it is 0x18D1.

So for me, it would be:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE. 0x18D1

save "adb_usb.ini"

2. Now add these two lines to your android_winusb.inf file (in your usb_driver folder):

I look for the first instance of B & N Nook Color and add the 3 red lines above it:

;PocketBook IQ
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_B004&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_B004&REV_0224&MI_01

;B & N Nook Color
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2080&PID_0002
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2080&PID_0002&MI_01

save "adb_usb.ini"

Now you can go back, right click the device and point to the "adb_usb.ini" file to update the driver.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-04-2011 at 10:43 AM.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #32
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
[/B]

Nope, sorry, under windows 7 in the Device Manager, if I want to choose the driver for my device, I cannot click on the .inf file at that stage, I can only choose the usb folder and that's it. If I click then "install" I get the answer you kept having previously. Thanks for your effort though, and it was very understandable, just not working for me right now. I am wondering whether I have the right ub driver though....
I think you're forgetting the step 'I want to choose from a list of drivers on my computer' option. Don't let windows look for the file, you have to point to the file, not just the folder.

after that you can browse to the folder and specify the *.inf file.

@hiaig
that should work also but it's much easier to just manually select the inf file and command windows to use those drivers...

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-27-2010 at 09:30 AM.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
@hiaig
that should work also but it's much easier to just manually select the inf file and command windows to use those drivers...
I tried manually selecting the .inf file but my computer for some reason refused to take it. It kept on telling me no drivers found so I had to manually add those lines in myself.

Now back to trying to figure out why I can't sign into GTalk.

Cheers
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #34
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post

Place the IQ_gapps folder in the the ADB's "platform-tools" folder.

If you use windoze, use the red command to copy the folder to the device. That works for me:

adb push IQ_gapps /system instead of adb shell /***** /system
Hello, hiaig.
What you said is working on me!!
I'm now progressing. Thanks a lot!
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #35
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Gtalk login failed..

I also have a problem with logging in the Gtalk account.

I don't know why... but it keep failing.
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I tried manually selecting the .inf file but my computer for some reason refused to take it. It kept on telling me no drivers found so I had to manually add those lines in myself.

Now back to trying to figure out why I can't sign into GTalk.

Cheers
Yep, Win 7 does not let you choose a file. Bummer.
BUT... your tip worked Hiaig, many thanks and K on its way to you all guys (and girls if this is the case, sorry, our names are not always very clear on that ;-))!
Now on to the next step and my next Qs, which you will then have to answer for free

Last edited by aceflor; 12-27-2010 at 09:57 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Yep, Win 7 does not let you choose a file. Bummer.
BUT... your tip worked Hiaig, many thanks and K on its way to you all guys (and girls if this is the case, sorry, our names are not always very clear on that ;-))!
Now on to the next step and my next Qs, which you will then have to answer for free
weird, I also got win7 and if I choose the 'Let me pick' option (see screenshot), and then choose 'have a disk' and 'browse' I can locate the *.inf file...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LetMePick.png
Views:	310
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	63633  
Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #38
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
weird, I also got win7 and if I choose the 'Let me pick' option (see screenshot), and then choose 'have a disk' and 'browse' I can locate the *.inf file...
I know, I tried that, but before it did not let me choose a file. Now, after having had the device recognised as an Android device thanks to Hiaig, it gives me the possibilities you guys described before. Sorry if I sound daft, but I am usually quite capable with a computer (me being a woman and all ), but I swear to you the option was not available before, it is now and looks quite different as a matter of fact as the version I was staring at 10 minutes ago (and wondering whether I really should have had this bottle of Rioja on the 25th).

May I add to prove my point (no offence intended) that I have indeed dark hair ?

Now RezzZ, stop insinuating I am lame and do help with Gtalk !

Luv, always,
ace

Last edited by aceflor; 12-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #39
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Hi RezzZ, may be a bit of miscommunication on our part. I can get to your screenshot and actually can point to the usb_driver.inf.

But then, my Win7 spinned its wheel for a while and came back with no drivers found etc. etc. so I had to add those lines myself.

Strange Huh?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #40
katzki
Zealot

Hiaig,
Could you go further from GTalk sign-in process?
That's where I got totally stopped.
Just cannot sign in,.....
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #41
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
I know, I tried that, but before it did not let me choose a file. Now, after having had the device recognised as an Android device thanks to Hiaig, it gives me the possibilities you guys described before. Sorry if I sound daft, but I am usually quite capable with a computer (me being a woman and all ), but I swear to you the option was not available before, it is now and looks quite different as a matter of fact as the version I was staring at 10 minutes ago (and wondering whether I really should have had this bottle of Rioja on the 25th).

May I add to prove my point (no offence intended) that I have indeed dark hair ?

Now RezzZ, stop insinuating I am lame and do help with Gtalk !

Luv, always,
ace
@ace: , can't help with the gtalk just jet, sorry. Haven't had the chance to try the market hack meself . When I'm home from work It's the first thing on my todo list so hopefully I'll be able to help you then.

@hiaig: weird indeed.

@all, I'll try to make this description windows7 friendly if nobody did it already by then.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Haven't had the chance to try the market hack meself . When I'm home from work ....
Aha.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Hiaig,
Could you go further from GTalk sign-in process?
That's where I got totally stopped.
Just cannot sign in,.....
Not yet, I think it has to do with the gls.db database and the accounts.db.

My understanding from looking at the "emulator" codes is that the google "Intvalue" for AndroidId comes from the meta table of the accounts.db.

Of course, we don't have an account.db in our /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/

We only have the gls.db database in the above folder. Our IQ account.db is in the /data/system/.... folder.

The IQ's account.db is totally different and missing quite a number of variables from the emulator's database.

May be Icewyng can clarify this:
1. do we need an account.db in the /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/ folder?
2. do we need to make changes to the IQ account.db?

Last edited by hiaig; 12-27-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #44
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Question: can we Linux users ignore the whole driver rap?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #45
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Question: can we Linux users ignore the whole driver rap?
Erm sortof, You will get permission problems But:

Quote:
Try creating a file called /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules and
plugging the following line into it:

i figure out that im suppose to put stuff about the id vendor in the file. i used the code sudo lsusb and got this:
Quote:
Bus 008 Device 002: ID 045e:00f5 Microsoft Corp. LifeCam VX-3000
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0584:c2da RATOC System, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:c066 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:c316 Logitech, Inc. HID-Compliant Keyboard
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 18d1:b004 Google Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I guessed the Google one was correct so:
Quote:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{Bus 001 Device 002: ID 18d1:b004}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"

Reload udev's configuration (/etc/init.d/udev reload) and try again as
a normal user.
Solved it for me, if you started adb sooner, you need to kill it.
I restarted it with sudo rights, sudo adb start-server

Then follow the manual untill the shell IQ_gapps part, change that to the push bit of page 3, and that will be that, follow the rest of the manual.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote