Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
alchemyst
alchemyst began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Calibre Question

I LOVE Calibre - thank you for ALL you do for us ...

One Question: When I convert a file (for instance a .lit file) to lrf, using Calibre ... it converts great! Only thing is - it produces a second .lit file along with the .lrf. So when it saves - I've got the orginal .lit, the converted/saved .lrf AND another .lit ... which requires that I go through to delete the 2 lit files.

What am I doing wrong here? I've been through all the settings, but can't see where I can turn that off?

Is this how Calibre is supposed to work - or did I miss a setting that I need to change?

Thank so much!
A
alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I think it is by design:
1) Your original .LIT stays where it was, in case you need the original source material.
2) The new .LIT file gets all the metadata/changes you might make, plus is there for those of us with multiple devices who want one central repository for up-to-date versions of the book-for example, I convert everything to .ePub for my iPhone, and .LRF for my Sony.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I think it is by design:
1) Your original .LIT stays where it was, in case you need the original source material.
2) The new .LIT file gets all the metadata/changes you might make, plus is there for those of us with multiple devices who want one central repository for up-to-date versions of the book-for example, I convert everything to .ePub for my iPhone, and .LRF for my Sony.
I've started doing the same thing since I got my iPhone --- have Calibre convert a lit file to lrf for my Sony and epub for the iPhone. Using Stanza (which plays nicely with Calibre) I suck the epubs over to the iPhone. Now I can continue reading what I was reading on my PRS505 --- pick up where I left off --- anytime and anywhere, with the iPhone that is now glued to my hip.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote