Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Configurable directory name strategy?

Hi Kovid,

I am one of those guys who want a little more control about how calibre manages the files in its library

Basically, I'm putting all of the books in a given series into its own folder structure ( http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/3208 ).

Would you accept a patch that makes determining the path from name, author and metadata configurable, the way your plugins work? That way, you would get all of us people with OCD off your back and I wouldn't have to patch my local installation every time you release a new version

If you want, I can open a new ticket for this and provide a patch during the weekend.

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The database backend is gong to be pluginized, at which time you will be free to create a plugin that implements your own directory structure, and I'll be happy to even add that plugin to calibre's builtin plugins. However, it is still a little way off, so you will have to be patient.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The database backend is gong to be pluginized, at which time you will be free to create a plugin that implements your own directory structure, and I'll be happy to even add that plugin to calibre's builtin plugins. However, it is still a little way off, so you will have to be patient.
Yes, I remember... That was the part where we talked abut having external database servers instead of the embedded one, too... I guess I'll wait a little bit then

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah currently the database code is rather messy (it's been patched and re-patched for nearly three years) so I'm not comfortable with making any major changes to it. Once it is refactored, these kinds of things will become much easier.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote