Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
dtrain
dtrain began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
PRS 600 won't show up in library!

So I just received my brand new Sony PRS 600 and I'm trying to put one of the new ebooks I purchased on to it to read. But for some reason my ebook libraries don't seem to recognize that I have my ereader hooked up. I have tried both the sony ebook library software as well as calibre and neither seems to recognize my book.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why this might be? Thanks a lot!
dtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Try a different USB port on your computer. If you're using a hub try bypassing that and plugging directly in to your computer. Also try using a differtent cable.

Hope you can get it working!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain View Post
So I just received my brand new Sony PRS 600 and I'm trying to put one of the new ebooks I purchased on to it to read. But for some reason my ebook libraries don't seem to recognize that I have my ereader hooked up. I have tried both the sony ebook library software as well as calibre and neither seems to recognize my book.

Does your Sony reader switch to USB mode? (Showing tbe USB screen and not accessible for the time being).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Does your Sony reader switch to USB mode? (Showing tbe USB screen and not accessible for the time being).
If not, make sure the usb connector is FIRMLY inserted into the reader. It has happened to me many times, especially if I try to connect my reader while it is in it's cover that the USB connector isn't inserted far enough.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain View Post

I have the same problem.. (though I don't know about Calibre). Do you have a Mac? If so, do you have Mac OS X 10.4?

I have been in touch with the Sony eBook customer service people and they don't know what is going on... they say there lab is trying to find out what the problem is but I am not holding my breath. Pretty disappointing since they made such a big deal that there library software is now Mac compatible.
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
dtrain
dtrain began at the beginning.

Actually mine is a PC but it still doesn't seem to work. I've tried every port on my laptop but they just don't seem to recognize that anything is even plugged in, it is quite frustrating. I don't understand why its happening either because my PRS600 shows that the USB is connected and the ports work with everything else I put in them so I'm stumped.
dtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yeah, sorry I cannot help. It is a little bit of a different problem than mine. I can access the reader from my desktop but my reader just will not show up in the eBook Library software. Instead of saying Reader, it says Error.

You might try giving the customer service people a call. They have a specific number for eBook issues. Just look at this website (scroll down to find the phone number):
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
When you launch Windows Explorer, do you see the 600 as a drive?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
schreibsatcu
schreibsatcu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
Yeah, sorry I cannot help. It is a little bit of a different problem than mine. I can access the reader from my desktop but my reader just will not show up in the eBook Library software. Instead of saying Reader, it says Error.

You might try giving the customer service people a call. They have a specific number for eBook issues. Just look at this website (scroll down to find the phone number):
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem! Mine shows up and works fine in ADE and calibre. I only want to use the sony software for getting my notes off...
schreibsatcu is offline   Reply With Quote