Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Quadzilla
Quadzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes and Noble color nook
How To Tell If Nook Color Is Rooted

Hello Everyone,
I own a Nook Color that I haven't used for a long time and I'm considering selling it and maybe buying a Samsung tablet or some other android tablet. I recall a few months after I bought the nook I started researching how to root the device. Problem is, I have piss poor memory and can't recall if I actually did this or not! What's the easiest way to tell if a Nook Color has been rooted? When I boot up the nook, there's no mention of android or any android icons on any menus. When I go to settings/about your Nook Color/software version it reads 1.4.2 so I'm assuming it was never rooted? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
It sounds as if it is not rooted. When you turn it on after it has been powered down you should see the Nook emblem when you load. If you see the android logo it is rooted.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Another way. Install CPU-Z. In the second tab (labelled "System"), the last item says if you have root access or not.
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote