Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #1261
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I got Taylor's point right off. (I only ever memorized how to do the first two layers, but in my geek-cred defense, I did create a model of the tetrahedral version of the puzzle before it hit the market, and I still own all the regular polygon versions.) I think the essence of this puzzle is that the solution is shown currently: one and only one copy of each image per face, arranged as shown.

I was wondering if we should offer a poster version of the Zelda_Pinwheel Avatar Gallery at the Ministry store? Credits per originator, or keep it obscure?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #1262
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I was wondering if we should offer a poster version of the Zelda_Pinwheel Avatar Gallery at the Ministry store? Credits per originator, or keep it obscure?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #1263
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

of course the only difficulty with that plan is that it's an on-going project... (i hope...)
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #1264
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, I'm surprised that Madame Broshkina didn't find the original Zelda Pinwheel album covers:
Name:  ZP 1.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  3.7 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZP2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	15778

Name:	ZP3.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	15779

Name:	ZP 4.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	15780
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #1265
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
For MB, it wasn't worth the effort. Too easy for an avatar genius.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #1266
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
of course the only difficulty with that plan is that it's an on-going project... (i hope...)
Well, yeah. This would be the 2008 collection. (Or is it the 2004 collection?)
Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #1267
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
So, I'm surprised that Madame Broshkina didn't find the original Zelda Pinwheel album covers:
Our Zelda is the original. That is merely a tribute band.
(IMO not an especially good band either.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #1268
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Normally I think musicians should stick to music instead of getting involved in causes. But this new video remake by Bob Dylan is a cause I can get behind.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Original Video here:

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 08-30-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #1269
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Normally I think musicians should stick to music instead of getting involved in causes. But this new video remake by Bob Dylan is a cause I can get behind.

madam b, i can't believe you got BOB DYLAN to make me an avatar !! not only do you have the rockingest record collection in the world, but you must have some good friends too. i'm glad i'm one of them. thank you !!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #1270
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The Jester pulling for ZP. Brilliant once again, MB. How do you find this stuff, man? By the way, I couldn't help but giggle over Weird Al Yankovic's rendition of same. Lisa Bonet Ate No Basil - cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg&NR=1
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #1271
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I envision a t-shirt with Zelda Avatars arranged on a bingo board. Each of us has a different arrangement of avatars. Then on a specific date Zelda starts changing her avatar at specific intervals. When one of us gets 5 in a row we yell, "Zelda!" and win.

We could charge a bit more for the t-shirts to cover the prize pool and offer such desirable things as a downloadable version of a Steve Jordan novel or a pbook such as The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification by Julian Montague. (Yes, it is a real book in my shrinking pbook collection.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #1272
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Just got back from Vegas. Spent the whole time playing Zelda Slots. If I would have gotten 3 Super Zelda's in a row I would have won a ton of money. Alas luck was not with me tonight. I had to sell my spleen just to get bus fare back home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vegas Zelda.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	15828  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #1273
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I envision a t-shirt with Zelda Avatars arranged on a bingo board. Each of us has a different arrangement of avatars. Then on a specific date Zelda starts changing her avatar at specific intervals. When one of us gets 5 in a row we yell, "Zelda!" and win.
okay, but can someone else do the avatar changing, instead of me ? because i want to play too !

Quote:
We could charge a bit more for the t-shirts to cover the prize pool and offer such desirable things as a downloadable version of a Steve Jordan novel or a pbook such as The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification by Julian Montague. (Yes, it is a real book in my shrinking pbook collection.)
i vote for the Stray Shopping Carts book !!!!!! in e-book edition of course, hand-made with loving care by yourself perhaps ? of course, if you win, we'll have to think of a different prize... perhaps we could provide you with a copy of Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice; 1978 (University of Tokyo Press).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Just got back from Vegas. Spent the whole time playing Zelda Slots. If I would have gotten 3 Super Zelda's in a row I would have won a ton of money. Alas luck was not with me tonight. I had to sell my spleen just to get bus fare back home.
the dangers of gambling. now we have to start a chip-in to buy madame broshkina a new spleen. luckily i'm pretty sure natch still has a few in stock ; maybe if we ask him nicely he'll make us a deal.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:36 PM   #1274
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I was thinking about the problem of randomized t-shirts with bingo cards. CafePress won't do it, but I could make a web page that would present a different set of random Zelda avatars in bingo card form each time it is visited. Then you could print off the web page onto iron-on transfer stock and make your own tshirts....
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #1275
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I was thinking about the problem of randomized t-shirts with bingo cards. CafePress won't do it, but I could make a web page that would present a different set of random Zelda avatars in bingo card form each time it is visited. Then you could print off the web page onto iron-on transfer stock and make your own tshirts....
Bingo Zelda -- Make yer own damn T-shirts!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda