Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #556
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I didn't purchase anything this year during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I was even able to resist buying a Kindle Fire at $129. Last year, I went a little crazy on those shopping days and bought two tablets for myself from Best Buy. The deals were too good to pass up! This year I didn't see much that tempted me.
Same here. Last year I bought some stuff this year nothing. Now on Cyber Monday I went a little wild on the Open Road books sale but that's it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #557
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So prices have really come down. Wonder how long it would take before you'd recover the investment today in something akin to New England climate?

Related:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...es-at-13-to-15
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #558
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Just saw the Nexus 7 here in Greece priced at 269 euros (including taxes), this translates to $348! No wonder the US prices look so tempting. At least I've managed to see the KFHD (a friend's) and now the Nexus 7. They both look great, but the 5" SGP size will be best for portability, so I'm still pleased that I bought it.

I wonder if there will be "After Holidays" sales while I'm in Florida this January??? I should probably get one of those 7" tablets for my daughter.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #559
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I wonder if there will be "After Holidays" sales while I'm in Florida this January??? I should probably get one of those 7" tablets for my daughter.
There should be; but just don't know how good they'll be. Anyway, continue following this thread. I'm restructuring it to track sales all the way into January.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #560
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There should be; but just don't know how good they'll be. Anyway, continue following this thread. I'm restructuring it to track sales all the way into January.
Thanks! You do know that now every time I see the words Cyber Monday I *think* "Cyber Monkey".
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #561
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Thanks! You do know that now every time I see the words Cyber Monday I *think* "Cyber Monkey".
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #562
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sounds like a perfect title for a Saturday morning cartoon.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #563
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I snapped up lightning deals like a madwoman on Friday. Ordered a few things from Sears, too. It seems the deals on things I like are all done....

Speaking of which...my Sansa Clip Zip came today....wow! I love it! Wish I had gotten 2 at that price LOL. They are $5 more now.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #564
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
This year, I stayed strong and stuck to my guns. Two HDMI cables (2x$10), one Nook ST ($49), an iPod Touch 5th gen ($50 GC), a Roku 2XD ($69) and a Bluray player with wifi and netflix support that I will return because it won't connect to my network and I get a nonsensical error message that's not even real English.
In past years, I went crazy and bought stuff I did not need.

Thank you so much for this thread, Tubemonkey!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #565
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
...you're welcome

Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #566
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Speaking of which...my Sansa Clip Zip came today....wow! I love it! Wish I had gotten 2 at that price LOL. They are $5 more now.
Congrats; my Nexus 7 just arrived.

Earlier this morning, the Clips were all selling at the BF prices. I'll continue monitoring the MP3 players throughout the holidays for any deals.

BTW, what size did you get?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #567
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
This year, I stayed strong and stuck to my guns. Two HDMI cables (2x$10), one Nook ST ($49), an iPod Touch 5th gen ($50 GC), a Roku 2XD ($69) and a Bluray player with wifi and netflix support that I will return because it won't connect to my network and I get a nonsensical error message that's not even real English.
In past years, I went crazy and bought stuff I did not need.

Thank you so much for this thread, Tubemonkey!
YW; glad to be of service.

My toys are starting to trickle in now. Roku HD yesterday, Nexus 7 today, and hopefully Kindle Fire tomorrow. Still have to get to Costco to pick up the Galaxy Tab 2. The UPS guy will be quite busy over the next few days.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #568
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Sounds like a perfect title for a Saturday morning cartoon.
Maybe I could become a Super Best Friend

Spoiler:
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #569
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I managed to not order a new iPad! Yay for me! I did, however, get a nice WD Passport external hard drive (2 terabytes), which I'd been meaning to pick up for a long time. It arrived today, I will reformat it tomorrow and start moving some things over onto it. Both my husband and I will be using it.

A fancy purse that I had been eying was on sale for 60% off, and I DID order it (as well as another bag), although I feel somewhat guilty about it. Perhaps I shouldn't, though - I did have to borrow a purse from my mom when I attended a baptism the other day, as my purses are all quite casual and didn't suit the occasion.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #570
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
A fancy purse that I had been eying was on sale for 60% off, and I DID order it (as well as another bag), although I feel somewhat guilty about it. Perhaps I shouldn't, though - I did have to borrow a purse from my mom when I attended a baptism the other day, as my purses are all quite casual and didn't suit the occasion.
Coach?