Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Talking Easily view Kindle Active Content

Hi guys!

As more developers release Kindle Active Content, it becomes more difficult to keep track of them. I have told a few people from these forums how to access them, but most people have no idea how to do so.

As such, I have created a userscript that provides easy access to all of the Kindle Active Content by adding a link that blends in perfectly with the rest of the Kindle links on the Amazon sidebar. I have tested it in both Google Chrome (native support) and Firefox (requires Greasemonkey add-on), but it should work in any browser that supports userscripts.

Install

Let me know if there are any bugs or glitches!

Note: It only adds the link to the US Amazon site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1813
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	67874  
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
ooh, sounds great i actually emailed kindle support about this a few days ago, and they said they'd pass it on to the development team.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
ooh, sounds great i actually emailed kindle support about this a few days ago, and they said they'd pass it on to the development team.
Yeah, that post and several others have inspired me to create this userscript. I used to have a bookmark for that page, but since I realized that other people want it as well, I made an effort to blend it in to the Amazon site.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Nice work man
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Yeah, that post and several others have inspired me to create this userscript. I used to have a bookmark for that page, but since I realized that other people want it as well, I made an effort to blend it in to the Amazon site.
oh, does the link only lead to the active content main page?

i thought it would lead to a page you designed that listed /all/ kindle active content available
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

It brings you to the Active Content Page (which you can call the main page)

That page actually does list all of the kindle active content available, even though it's called "New & Noteworthy Games & Active Content." I'd love to see an Active Content that is not listed on that page..
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
It brings you to the Active Content Page (which you can call the main page)

That page actually does list all of the kindle active content available, even though it's called "New & Noteworthy Games & Active Content." I'd love to see an Active Content that is not listed on that page..
noooo it doesn't ;-; whenever i go to an active content page, i always see some active content (customers also bought this blah blah) i don't see on the main page. @_@ it doesn't even list all of the NY Times crosswords volumes

Last edited by wyndslash; 03-07-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
/deleted by author

Last edited by jeromedevine; 03-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

/deleted by author

Last edited by jeromedevine; 03-08-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #10
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
noooo it doesn't ;-; whenever i go to an active content page, i always see some active content (customers also bought this blah blah) i don't see on the main page. @_@ it doesn't even list all of the NY Times crosswords volumes
Oh! You're right.. I didn't see that =/

No idea how to fix it..
Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
jeromedevine
Zealot

/deleted by author

Last edited by jeromedevine; 03-08-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #12
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Why can't you fix it?
Amazon has no API for it.

Tags
active, amazon, content, kindle, userscript