Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-14-2020, 05:04 AM   #1
RobbieW
RobbieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
News - automatic download to device

I cant remember if this is something I've selected in the past or whether its an inherent part of calibre operation - the description of recipe operation suggests it might be inherent as it says news will be downloaded to a device if one is connected at the time the 'news' book is created.

Anyway, is this something I can turn off ? I much more often read 'news' books on the PC at the moment so would prefer to select those I want to download.

Would changing 'main' in send_news_to_device_location = u'main' (btw whats the u for) to a blank do the trick ?
RobbieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->behavior->automatically send downloaded news to connected e-reader
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 02:54 AM   #3
RobbieW
RobbieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thankyou!
RobbieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:23 AM   #4
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
Quote:
Is there any way to turn this on for new books? So the next time the device is connect it will automatically be sent?
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, however the reading list plugin should help with that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
Quote:
No, however the reading list plugin should help with that.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote