Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
askara
askara began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 3
change meta data without convertion

can you change meta data without converting the book? i edited the metadata of a book but it seem i have to convert it before the change take affect on my ipad, but i am worry that convertion may damaging some of the formating on the original, so it is possible to change meta data without conversion?

thanks
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
can you change meta data without converting the book? i edited the metadata of a book but it seem i have to convert it before the change take affect on my ipad, but i am worry that convertion may damaging some of the formating on the original, so it is possible to change meta data without conversion?

thanks
Use the modify epub plugin to update metadata or the built in polish books option of calibre
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
askara
askara began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Use the modify epub plugin to update metadata or the built in polish books option of calibre
most of my book is mobi or pdf not epub so i cant use the plugin. also where is the "polish books" option of calibre? i cant find it anywhere

or can you recommend any other alternative to calibre?

thx

Last edited by askara; 09-06-2013 at 06:39 PM.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
most of my book is mobi or pdf not epub so i cant use the plugin. also where is the "polish books" option of calibre? i cant find it anywhere
"Save to disk" will update the metadata. "Polish books" also only works with epub or azw3.

Quote:
or can you recommend any other alternative to calibre?
Nope. There really isn't any other alternative.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote