Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-08-2021, 01:27 AM   #451
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I am in the UK and the Asimov books I mentioned are not available here on either Kindle or Kobo.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #452
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
The bridge over the River Kwai. Not in the USA last time i checked
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #453
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Jack McKinney Robotech series
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:28 PM   #454
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Jack McKinney Robotech series
The Jack McKinney Robotech books were available as ebooks. I guess the rights expired, so now they are gone. But all of the books were released as ebooks except for... The Masters Gambit I think was left out. The original twelve were collected as 3 book omnibuses. I have all of them.

I would like to see the Yoshiyuki Tomino Mobile Suit Gundam trilogy receive an official ebook release.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 08-30-2021 at 04:31 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 03:56 AM   #455
junioryoudare
junioryoudare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Last gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
The bridge over the River Kwai. Not in the USA last time i checked
it is on kindle store for years as far as I am aware and have it since 2017 I suppose on me good ol' kindle.
junioryoudare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 03:59 AM   #456
junioryoudare
junioryoudare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Last gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I am in the UK and the Asimov books I mentioned are not available here on either Kindle or Kobo.

the thread is about books that have never been published as ebooks in any regions I guess.

You can easily buy those books with a good vpn, I used to buy lots of books from amazon with only changing my region settings, so not even vpn is needed there, but dunno about kobo rakuten settings.
junioryoudare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #457
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
wrong post

Last edited by Gardenman; 09-07-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: posted in wrong place
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #458
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junioryoudare View Post
the thread is about books that have never been published as ebooks in any regions I guess.
It can be interesting to post here and find a book you have been looking for forever is easily available in another region. You may never have thought to look outside your home area for a book.

Incidentally, with Kobo you don't even need a VPN. It's (almost) as easy as changing your country in the settings.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:51 PM   #459
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series. The first 6 are available as ebooks but not the last 4. A bummer to me, because I've got the first ones in dead tree format but not the ending.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:13 AM   #460
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Incidentally, with Kobo you don't even need a VPN. It's (almost) as easy as changing your country in the settings.
Sadly, this did not prove true for me. I tried changing my country in the settings to one I wished to buy from, it then asked for a payment method associated with that country - Paypal not an option, my CCs not valid from Kobo's POV for the country I chose.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:32 AM   #461
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Visa and Mastercard are very difficult to use for foreign purchases. My American Express on the other, hand, has never been a problem.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #462
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Sadly, this did not prove true for me. I tried changing my country in the settings to one I wished to buy from, it then asked for a payment method associated with that country - Paypal not an option, my CCs not valid from Kobo's POV for the country I chose.
I had the same PayPal issues. Here you go: Buying books from other country. Post #17:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Got it to work. On Kobo, I didn't even change my address. I removed my credit card, left my address as is but changed the country to UK,

By entering no credit card info, at checkout, it offered me PayPal.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:16 AM   #463
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post

Yippee, most of the rest of the Foundation series is now available in the UK, except for Forward the Foundation.

Still would love to have Robots and Empire and the Empire trilogy available though.

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #464
Ehbien
Ehbien began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Herman Hesse’s “Traveling”
First became aware of it through the fabulous Brain Pickings site….
Ehbien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:35 PM   #465
DyckBook
Morlock
DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Books you gave up on ever being ebooks

Choice and Consequence by Thomas S. Schelling
DyckBook is offline   Reply With Quote