Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #2806
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You probably want to keep a backup of anything like that, unless you don't care if your other settings get lost (which at least for me wouldn't be a very big disaster — I change only a few defaults). The simplest way to create a backup is simply to make a copy (e.g., Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V). On most operating systems you'll then get a file like "settings.reader (copy).lua". I prefer to rename such a file to something slightly more meaningful, like settings.reader.lua.bck20170810

In any case, the important thing is you have something that works which you can restore if things go horribly wrong.

Once you have a backup, in this case you can probably just delete the relevant line to reset the orientation to its default value.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #2807
gerhaher
gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Regarding reading books in landscape mode and filemanager...

When I open the book either through "History" or "Open last document", and then switch to file manager, the file manager is also shown in lanscape mode.

If I instead open the same book either through the file manager (it doesn't matter if the file manager is in portrait or landscape mode) or automatically when I start my E-reader, and then switch to file manager, the file manager is instead shown in portrait mode.

I suppose it's not meant to be like this. Is this a known issue?

(I have Kobo Aura One (Nickel version 4.3.9845)).
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:00 AM   #2808
mobama
mobama began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Regarding reading books in landscape mode and filemanager...

When I open the book either through "History" or "Open last document", and then switch to file manager, the file manager is also shown in lanscape mode.

If I instead open the same book either through the file manager (it doesn't matter if the file manager is in portrait or landscape mode) or automatically when I start my E-reader, and then switch to file manager, the file manager is instead shown in portrait mode.

I suppose it's not meant to be like this. Is this a known issue?

(I have Kobo Aura One (Nickel version 4.3.9845)).
Yes, it's a known issue, but considered to be a non-issue for the time being https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-282171070
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #2809
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
For me, the orientation of the File Manager/Browser would get changed to landscape only when needed, to see more of a long file name. Otherwise I would want it in portrait mode, to have the most files listed on the page. Being able to switch back and forth could come in handy, in the browser, whereas a change while in the reader would last the whole book.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #2810
mobama
mobama began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
When you long-press the current Portrait/Landscape buttons, it asks confirmation to set that mode as the default. I think this rotates the entire app.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:41 AM   #2811
gerhaher
gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.gerhaher knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
When you long-press the current Portrait/Landscape buttons, it asks confirmation to set that mode as the default. I think this rotates the entire app.
I've found a new issue here. If you longpress the landscape button like above, the new books that you then open vill rotate clock-wise despite having set
DLANDSCAPE_CLOCKWISE_ROTATION = false in the "Advanced Settings".

Last edited by gerhaher; Today at 04:54 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #2812
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Frenzie shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The good news is there's already an issue: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3002

The bad news is that I don't see anything obviously wrong here.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote