Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 05:10 AM   #1
Kiwisaurus
Member Retired
Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Exclamation Full Screen Mode Not Working / Bug

Hi,

I went to Kobo eReader.conf and added this code using NotePad (Notepad ++, I think. Whatever that is) to my Kobo Mini on Windows 10:

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

After that, I pressed Ctrl + S on my keyboard to save it.

I am sure I saved it, because when I clicked "X" (close) it didn't say "Are you sure you want to exit without saving?"

Then, I safely ejected the Mini, and unplugged the cable.

The Mini runs version 3.19.5761 (I manually updated it).

It turned on, and I went to "Reading Settings" but the "Remove header / footer" setting didn't appear on neither pages.

So I powered off and back on the Mini.

After the reboot, there still was nothing.

So I plugged the Mini into my PC once again, and opened the .conf file.

The

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

code had disappeared.

So I added it once more, at the very bottom (which is exactly what I did before) and saved, and closed, and ejected and unplugged.

Then I looked at the eReader, and there was no setting.

So I rebooted it and waited.

After the reboot, it suddenly appeared under "Reading Settings".

I did the exact same things before, and I am a 110% sure I saved it properly.

Why did it delete the code in the first try but worked on the 2nd?

Kiwisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwisaurus View Post
I went to Kobo eReader.conf and added this code using NotePad (Notepad ++, I think. Whatever that is) to my Kobo Mini on Windows 10:
This is probably the problem. You must use a Linux line-end aware editor to do this. If you don't then the symptoms you describe are pretty much what will happen. I would also expect that other configuration changes you made have disappeared.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
Kiwisaurus
Member Retired
Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiwisaurus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is probably the problem. You must use a Linux line-end aware editor to do this. If you don't then the symptoms you describe are pretty much what will happen. I would also expect that other configuration changes you made have disappeared.
Nope.

It works very well.

I guess I did something wrong with the saving process?
Kiwisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
What David was trying to say is that you likely used NOTEPAD (i.e. the Microsoft built in editor) rather than NOTEPAD ++ (which is an unrelated but free program you'll need to install -- there are other options that that are also Linux line-end aware, but it's the most common). If you use MS Notepad you'll see what you're seeing. If you actually use Notepad++ it will work the way it should. Any editing of the config file will require this.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The other possibility is that there already was a [FeatureSettings] section in which case you just add the other line to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwisaurus View Post
I did the exact same things before, and I am a 110% sure I saved it properly.

Why did it delete the code in the first try but worked on the 2nd?
I'm guessing you might have logged into your account between the time you edited the ereader.config file and the time you tried your Reading Settings. If you log in to your account the ereader.config file goes back to default (I believe).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, full, fullscreen, kobo, screen