Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
kawayama
slower than molasses
kawayama began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Sigil doesn't work with MacOS Mojave dark mode

So, I just upgraded to MacOS 10.14.4 Mojave (the nagging got to me), and while I enjoy the dark mode dark grey color palette, it seems Sigil doesn't.

Most of the Sigil window displays white text on white bg. You can high-light text to read it, but it's very hard to work with.

Sigil works fine in light mode.

Last edited by kawayama; 03-26-2019 at 06:28 PM.
kawayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, Sigil uses Qt 5.11.2 which does not support Mac Dark Mode yet. That said you can use Qt style sheets to make dark mode work with the current version ...

See this thread on MobileRead that works through how to make the pieces look good in dark mode:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=306619
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2019, 05:30 AM   #3
kawayama
slower than molasses
kawayama began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks!
That dark theme didn't really work with the colored code text, and further comments about a "rc" folder I didn't really understand, sadly.

I wonder if the style sheet could be modified to just keep foreground text black – that is, not change anything except prevent the white text on white bg problem. I'd be fine with Sigil using the light mode, even if the rest of MacOS is using dark mode.
kawayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Dark mode ist something coming from OS. The OS is not responsible how Apps do react. Apps kan query if dark mode is selected and react on that, but it can be forced. This behaviour will stay for a while.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You control the colour of code text, font used and etc in Sigil Preferences. There are also default styles for Preview you can set as well.

Others have made this work on macOS.

More support will come when we move to Qt 5.12.2
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2019, 12:40 AM   #6
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawayama View Post
Thanks!
That dark theme didn't really work with the colored code text, and further comments about a "rc" folder I didn't really understand, sadly.
in the mac you don't need the rc folder. I only used the qt stylesheet. if as noted you use sigil preferences to adjust font colours you can end up with something like my sigil dark mode.
I'm sticking with this one, its just perfect for my eyes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mdm1.png
Views:	443
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	170445  
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
alejnadro
alejnadro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes, Sigil uses Qt 5.11.2 which does not support Mac Dark Mode yet. That said you can use Qt style sheets to make dark mode work with the current version ...

See this thread on MobileRead that works through how to make the pieces look good in dark mode:

God bless you!

It saved my day

alejnadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #8
llis
cleaner
llis began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

I'd be happy just being able to run Sigil in light mode without having to change my entire computer setting, but in the meantime, this seems like a way to cope.
llis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark mode, macos, mojave