Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #46
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I hope this is good. Excited to see something new.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 AM   #47
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
yes!
So 230 to perhaps 250 dollar at most for the USA I think.

Nice price
Keep in mind that the Dutch price is always including VAT (of 21%). No idea how the euro is compared to the US dollar...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 02:11 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
as far as we can tell, it is flush.
Which means capacitive touch, rather than IR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:41 AM   #49
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I only have a Kobo Glo. I was vying for adding the Kobo Aura or Glo HD to my collection, but this new device is making me think again. Having said that, I like the smaller screens for reading.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:13 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Threads moved, merged and redundant* posts deleted

*That is, posts about the duplicate threads
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 03:20 AM   #51
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Which means capacitive touch, rather than IR.
As I've only had readers with IR (not counting my Onyx T68, but the touch of that thing is rather quirky to say the least), how is the capacitive touch these days on ereaders?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:38 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
As I've only had readers with IR (not counting my Onyx T68, but the touch of that thing is rather quirky to say the least), how is the capacitive touch these days on ereaders?
I far prefer capacitive touch to IR. It works really well on all the Kindles.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:45 AM   #53
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You read sometimes late at night from a book and you want to be equal to start next?

...wut? I don't know, maybe I'm tired, but... wut??
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
You read sometimes late at night from a book and you want to be equal to start next?

This is a machine translation, remember. Better English would be "and you want to be able to start the next".
Old 08-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #55
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
My Sony T1 had IR, and was annoying to use. My Kobo Aura is capacitive and is a delight to use.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:03 AM   #56
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
My Sony T1 had IR, and was annoying to use.
In full sunlight, yes, it sometimes does not work. That's why the T1 has buttons. But capacity has also its own share of quirks.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:29 AM   #57
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post

A more correct translation would be:
Do you sometimes finish a book late at night and want to immediately start the next one?

Sometimes those machine translations are indeed very funny.

Page has been taken down again, as expected
Old 08-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
What's with the lack of news on this device/company/ereader? Everybody lost their ish over a 500 dollar Voyage or an exciting WHITE basic kindle but when a 300ppi, 7.8inch flush screened, waterproof Kobo reader leaks nobody bats an eyelid? Strange... reminds me a little of Apple marketing... kobo are like the samsung of ebooks and I really hope with this device they're just as successful! Tired of feeling cheated by Amazon (sorry fanboys!) And I think Kobo are really listening to the gap in the market there...

Anywho this looks like one of the coolest innovations in ereader history, no? Not the best looking device but gorgeous specs and I cant wait to hold it in my hands in bed! This along with Emma Watson.

Cheap too! Anybody else excited? The last time I was this impressed and excited with an ereader was with the Voyage (a 300ppi screen, omgosh!) but I think this one might just take the cake!

Here's more with pictures

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...een-229-euros/

Looks like you missed the threads and the excitement. It's still not too late for you to catch up on reading about it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 AM   #59
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Everybody lost their ish over a 500 dollar Voyage or an exciting WHITE basic kindle but when a 300ppi, 7.8inch flush screened, waterproof Kobo reader leaks nobody bats an eyelid?
There probably is a review embargo. Remember that Kobo has NOT officially announced this reader yet. Everyone is getting excited based upon a leak from a store that broke their embargo early.

The Verge has now reported on it, but we won't see a bunch of fuss online (except on this forum) until the new Kobo is officially announced. I'm guessing it will be sometime this week or next week.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:57 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm hoping for an announcement sometime next week.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote