Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #31
Strether
Fanatic
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1,Oasis, Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Currently, Kobo claim the battery life as "weeks". Before, they were claiming 60 days of battery life for most of their devices, but 30 days for the Aura ONE. That was based on 30 minutes of reading per day. That works 30 hours and 15 hours of use. And 3 hours of reading is 5% and 10%. I don't know where the Aura H2O2 fits into this, but if you read for several hours plus the overnight sleep, 20% is high, but not absurdly high. If you have the opportunity to charge the device fully and let it sleep uninterrupted for a few hours, then you will get a better idea of how much battery life is used then. Same goes for a long reading session.
I have the same model as the OP, and I'm consistently getting at least 28 hours on a charge. I could even push that a little more if I wanted to.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #32
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Aura
Update.

I emptied my device and fully charged it and let it overnight. It did shut down after 60 minutes like I asked it to, and when I opened it this morning it was at 99%!!!!!! Yeahhhhh

I will try to disable the auto shut down and see how it reacts on just the sleep mode.

But so far so good... maybe the problem was indeed coming from a book.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:43 PM   #33
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Lima7 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

It seems like it's getting better.

With the automatic shut down ON, the battery seems to be keeping its charge. On sleep mode, it's decreasing a little faster. I lost 2% in a few hours on sleep mode, but I think that's normal, compared to what I was experiencing before. I will read a little today, leave it on sleep mode over night, and see what happens. But so far, it seems like the problem is fixed...
Old 07-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #34
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I'm glad to hear it! I hope you can enjoy your book without any further hassle.
Mrs_Often is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #35
Lima7
Connoisseur

Thanks for your help everyone! My problem is fixed. I also received an amazing service from everyone at Kobo. They are been really helpful and patient.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #36
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
- First try this: Your charger is bad and isn't really charging the battery to 100%. Try a new charger. Do not use solar for testing the charging, use a good quality wall plug charger. Cheap Chinese ones can damage your device (rarely, but it happens).

- You might have a bad wifi indicator. It's says wifi is off but it's on.
- You might have a bad battery. This happens sometimes even with a new device.

Here are some charger reviews:

- http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...-apple-is.html
- https://www.techspot.com/news/51965-...t-ul-mark.html
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote