Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #61
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Which is why Tenzin_la asked if it works with a Micro USB to HDMI adapter (such as).
Even a sillier question since the adapter is No Longer Available...
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #62
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
What is silly is to assume that is the only product, and the only seller.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #63
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
There is more than one adapter out there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #64
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Here you go.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_7darrm6d3g_b
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #65
Tenzin_la
Enthusiast
Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Oasis
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I'm sorry. I actually searched the customer questions and one person said, "yes, it works". I also called an Amazon representative who had to put me on hold and then said it wouldn't.
Tenzin_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #66
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzin_la View Post
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I'm sorry. I actually searched the customer questions and one person said, "yes, it works". I also called an Amazon representative who had to put me on hold and then said it wouldn't.
You didn't ruffle any feathers. You asked a legitimate question. A very valid question so thank you.
That other poster should not have said it was a silly question.
Truth is we don't know rather the adapter will work or not.
I do hope if you try it, you will come back and let us know.
Oh and I linked several adapters.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #67
Tenzin_la
Enthusiast
Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Tenzin_la is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Oasis
I appreciate that. I know that (since the price is so low) I could just buy it and return it. I have an old 8.9 HD that I use exclusively at work with a projector. I don't need all that much and don't really have the desire to spend the time looking at the specs of a ton of other tablets.
Tenzin_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #68
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I appreciate that. I know that (since the price is so low) I could just buy it and return it. I have an old 8.9 HD that I use exclusively at work with a projector. I don't need all that much and don't really have the desire to spend the time looking at the specs of a ton of other tablets.
Good luck.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #69
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ALL that I looked into when I got my Fire 10 ...gen 5. Claimed they were Only for Gen 4. & I don't see any of them claiming they are Now for 5th gen much less they 6 gen.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:15 PM   #70
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
ALL that I looked into when I got my Fire 10 ...gen 5. Claimed they were Only for Gen 4. & I don't see any of them claiming they are Now for 5th gen much less they 6 gen.
In other words, you don't know. And who claimed.
If you are not 100% certain, do not say it won't work. You do not know. I don't know.
The only thing we can say with 100% certainty is try it and please let us know.

Look the tablets are cheap, the adapters are cheap. If the guy wants to try it cool. Amazon has a great return policy. Unless the person has pretty much over 40 returns in a year and then they just get a letter saying watch their returns.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:25 AM   #71
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Heres the ones I have Sitting on my shelf WORTHLESS for my 5th gen Fire! Wasted my money http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=960&keys=keys

So Cin Don't tell me I don't know. But yep knock yourself out....
Old 09-29-2016, 06:27 AM   #72
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Heres the ones I have Sitting on my shelf WORTHLESS for my 5th gen Fire! Wasted my money http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=960&keys=keys

Well there's the problem. The poster asked about a USB to HDMI. What your link shows is NOT that. And it's no wonder it won't work with your tablets. That is a MINI-HDMI to HDMI cable. It would work for my 2012 Fire HD, which has both a USB slot AND a MINI-HDMI slot. They are shaped differently and require different cable ends. So of course yours won't work. It won't even fit in the slot.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #73
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:

That like book lover said is not a USB cable. So how can you know if the proper adapter won't work.
You just confirmed that a mini hdmi won't work. You did not confirm whether a mini USB to HDMI won't work.
So we still don't know.

You did confirm one other thing. That your Best Buy has employees that don't know anything or they are taking advantage of people.
This makes at least 3 times that you have said your Best Buy has sold you defective stuff you can't return. Why haven't you called corporate? I would call corporate in a heartbeat.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #74
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Actually I do know they wont work. I posted the wrong link to the ones I do have. Dealing with more pain than usual. But that ok just go for it. Find something that works.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #75
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
If the fire 8 has a micro usb port, then there are 3 possibilities for an adapter. My Fire HDX 8.9 4th gen uses the "slim" micro usb like that on the Nexus 7 2013 for a micro usb to hdmi; think that it is a 6-pin micro usb. Another type of "standard" micro usb is the 5-pin port which require a different hdmi adapter. Then again the Samsung Tab Pro uses an 11-pin micro to hdmi adapter.

The "trick" is to find out what kind of pin config the Fire 8 needs or what the Fire 5th gen has evolved to use for connection to an hdmi. Doesn't matter as far as battery charging is concerned but the hdmi adapter may need to have a connection to a charger for more "power" for more oomph as needed by the tablet.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote