Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #601
stupdude2
stupdude2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I love the new rotation feature for Clara HD, but for devices that don't have an accelerometer, it'd be nice if the button was a toggle which just switched between portrait and landscape modes by tapping it.
stupdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #602
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupdude2 View Post
I love the new rotation feature for Clara HD, but for devices that don't have an accelerometer, it'd be nice if the button was a toggle which just switched between portrait and landscape modes by tapping it.
Have a look at Nickelmenu. It allows you to set up rotation menu options to do what you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:16 AM   #603
Rid
Rid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi

Would it be possible to rearrange the menu order when you have selected a word in a book you are reading?

For example; when a word is selected in the book you are reading, the dictionary is displayed, and a menu with "Highlight" - "Add Note" - "Search". Is it possible to have "Highlight" or "Add Note" replaced with "Search in Book". Or even have it completely customizable?
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #604
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Hi

Would it be possible to rearrange the menu order when you have selected a word in a book you are reading?

For example; when a word is selected in the book you are reading, the dictionary is displayed, and a menu with "Highlight" - "Add Note" - "Search". Is it possible to have "Highlight" or "Add Note" replaced with "Search in Book". Or even have it completely customizable?
Not with a patch, but it could theoretically be done through NickelMenu.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #605
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupdude2 View Post
I often turn off the auto ComfortLight during the day because the maximum blue light doesn't imitate paper and is uncomfortable. I'd love to restrict it to somewhere below maximum blue while maintaining the automatic change. Has there been any development with this? Thank you!
Not currently, although there is a comfortlight patch which might be able to fit what you want

Quote:
Another idea I read a while ago is that maybe there could be a slider on the right side similar to the brightness on the left which would adjust ComfortLight temperature by swiping.
That one won't be possible with a patch.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #606
Rid

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Not with a patch, but it could theoretically be done through NickelMenu.
Thanks, I will look into that.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:37 PM   #607
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Thanks, I will look into that.
You'd need to write some code to do it.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #608
Rid

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You'd need to write some code to do it.
Mmm it may not happen then . Thanks for the heads up though.

I have loaded the NickelMenu anyway to see what it is about, and may go on from there.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:03 AM   #609
fluffier
fluffier began at the beginning.

broken screen

Hello,

I have been checking the patches but I dont find what I need. A few days ago my kobo clara hd fell and the screen broke at the top left. Most of the touchpad works so I can choose my books and pass the pages but the top bar does not work and I cant change brightness or go into "home".

So I wonder whether there is a patch to change the location of the top bar, if there isnt, I kindly request it (as a placement the bottom would be great).

Thanks!
fluffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #610
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffier View Post
Hello,

I have been checking the patches but I dont find what I need. A few days ago my kobo clara hd fell and the screen broke at the top left. Most of the touchpad works so I can choose my books and pass the pages but the top bar does not work and I cant change brightness or go into "home".

So I wonder whether there is a patch to change the location of the top bar, if there isnt, I kindly request it (as a placement the bottom would be great).

Thanks!
As a work around, doesn't the Clara allow swiping up/down the left side for changing the brightness?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #611
fluffier
fluffier began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
As a work around, doesn't the Clara allow swiping up/down the left side for changing the brightness?
It does, thank you, i just mentioned it to describe my problem, i still cannot use landscape, wifi, check the battery, refresh or search and more importantly i cant get to "home" so i cant change most settings or any other option at the home menu.

Changing the screen is not an option either as supplies are scarce and expensive. If i have to i will live with it but i thought to ask here before, maybe there is a patch that i havent seen.
fluffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:47 AM   #612
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffier View Post
It does, thank you, i just mentioned it to describe my problem, i still cannot use landscape, wifi, check the battery, refresh or search and more importantly i cant get to "home" so i cant change most settings or any other option at the home menu.

Changing the screen is not an option either as supplies are scarce and expensive. If i have to i will live with it but i thought to ask here before, maybe there is a patch that i havent seen.
NickelMenu can do everything you mentioned (and more) and will appear as a menu in the bottom-right corner of the homescreen, the toolbar in the library, the menu in the browser, and the menu in the reader. In addition, it isn't even a patch, and it'll still work even when upgrading firmware versions.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #613
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Looking at the NickleMdnu documentation, I didn't see anything about brightness? I know that setting a value is impossible, but how about bringing up the brightness dialog?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests