Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #31
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
The OP said she was new so she might not have known how to be careful in her choice of terminology. In the subject she said "online" but her question seems to be about an app. So, unless she decides to correct us, I'd say that she might have meant online or not.

Personally I do most of my reading on my phone using Moon+ Pro. I also sometimes use the Kindle app. I have a Kindle but lately I haven't used it much.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
The OP said she was new so she might not have known how to be careful in her choice of terminology. In the subject she said "online" but her question seems to be about an app. So, unless she decides to correct us, I'd say that she might have meant online or not.

Personally I do most of my reading on my phone using Moon+ Pro. I also sometimes use the Kindle app. I have a Kindle but lately I haven't used it much.

Barry
And the OP also said she is looking for an add-on app. So I think the OP doesn't quite know what she wants but even if she does, she put it in a way that's totally confusing and needs to tell us what it is she wants.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And the OP also said she is looking for an add-on app. So I think the OP doesn't quite know what she wants but even if she does, she put it in a way that's totally confusing and needs to tell us what it is she wants.
Considering the OP posted 2 messages and hasn't bothered to post since, I suspect they found the discussion/argumentation in this thread to be unhelpful. I though the body of the original message was quite clear but then I have dealt with several people who assume anything done on a computer/tablet/phone/etc. is done online.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-29-2020 at 12:40 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

. I though the body of the original message was quite clear but then I have dealt with several people who assume anything done on a computer/tablet/phone/etc. is done online.
True:, but when you ask for help, you need to try and use the the common terms (many computer terms have now been around for 4 decades) and not your personal version. Way less confusion. If there is a question on the Term to use: Ask or explain the goal so there is little confusion.

For instance: I could use Remote Desktop connection or VNC on my Android, to remote control my desktop and NEVER have put the book onto my device. (the host must be left on)
Was that (avoiding the item hitting the devices file system) the OP's goal?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:44 PM   #35
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
A lot of people have no idea what common terminology is. I run into that all the time. It can get confusing but I suspect we all started out kind of confused.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
A lot of people have no idea what common terminology is. I run into that all the time. It can get confusing but I suspect we all started out kind of confused.

Barry
And some of us have never left that state behind.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:18 PM   #37
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
use Kodi for PDFs, but PDFs need a 10" screen minimum typically.
Kodi? The Open Source Home Theater Software.
https://kodi.tv/

Is that really the program you use for reading PDFs?
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post

Entirely possible. When I last looked a few years back, there was an add-on for PDFs but, IMNSHO, it was not usable since it only works with images from PDF files making it useful for those PDFs consisting of scanned images but not much else.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-12-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #39
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post

Um, no. Xodo Docs.

Yes, I know what Kodi is.

Out of cheese error?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote