Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
stickman
stickman began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
where to buy in china

I'm travelling to SE Asia (including China) in the summer.

I'd like to get a Hanlin V3. What's the expected price to pay for it in China, let's say in Beijing or Shenzen? And where to get it?

As I'll also be in HongKong, Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, I'm trying to figure out where to get what in advance, or I'll go crazy if I see anything way cheaper later on the travel.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
I'm travelling to SE Asia (including China) in the summer.

I'd like to get a Hanlin V3. What's the expected price to pay for it in China, let's say in Beijing or Shenzen? And where to get it?

As I'll also be in HongKong, Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, I'm trying to figure out where to get what in advance, or I'll go crazy if I see anything way cheaper later on the travel.
You could try the various markets in the Zhongguancun area in Beijing, such as the Hilon building. (It's a little far, if you're a tourist, but it's sorta on the way to the Summer Palace - so you could detour via Zhongguancun on the way to the Summer Palace which is what I did...)

EDIT: Someone in the #openinkpot IRC channel mentioned this phone number and address...
北京睿文恒基 010-51290009 13601065730
Haidian District, Beijing Zhongguancun Street on the 18th Zhongguancun Kemao Centre Room 1809 A
http://detail.zol.com.cn/132/131407/price.shtml

Last edited by mrdini; 04-19-2008 at 12:36 PM.
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
stickman

Thanks a lot for the help, but even though I can't read or write chinese I figured out a few hours ago how to browse and search for the hanlin V3 in taobao.

The best price I could find was 2499RMB, that's roughly 250€, and that's not good enough. I suppose I could deal with the seller, and try to get a lower price, but I don't know if it would go lower than 2000RMB, which I consider to be a good one.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
jonnybgood
jonnybgood began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin eReader V3
Buying V3 in China

You can buy the V3 cheaper overseas than you can in China. I guess they have some type of export subsidy that they pass on.

I live in Beijing. I was not able to buy direct from the factory but was referred to their sole Beijing agent. Nobody there speaks any English.

After a lot of negotiation with my very basic Chinese I was able to purchase one for RMB 2400 but only because I suggested I could easily get it delivered to a colleague in my company working in the States and have him bring it with him next time he came to China.

The normal sale price in China is RMB 2,700. A friend of mine paid that after his best attempts to negotiate a better price. (That included the cover and a 1 GB memory stick.)
jonnybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
stickman

Definitely I'm not buying it there.
I can get it here in Europe for 320€ minus VAT. That's 280€ or 2800RMB and it comes with 2 year warranty.

thanks for your help.
Advert