Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
wladdy
Enthusiast
wladdy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / Kindle DX
How to find easily books with multiple authors?

Hi,

I need to find in the main interface all books with multiple authors
After reading this article I assumed that I needed to use a regular expression to find all books with "&" in the author field. Unfortunately, the following search return nothing:

author:~\&

I'd very much appreciate if someone could explain what I am doing wrong and point me in the right direction.

On the same topic, I would appreciate advice to find all books with one single author or no author at all.

Thanks in advance. W.
wladdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladdy View Post
Hi,

I need to find in the main interface all books with multiple authors
After reading this article I assumed that I needed to use a regular expression to find all books with "&" in the author field. Unfortunately, the following search return nothing:

author:~\&

I'd very much appreciate if someone could explain what I am doing wrong and point me in the right direction.

On the same topic, I would appreciate advice to find all books with one single author or no author at all.

Thanks in advance. W.
& is a flag, the real link is (hidden in the DB ) author numbers, which is why it will not work.

Try
authors:#>1

for more info http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....arch-interface
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
& is a flag, the real link is (hidden in the DB ) author numbers, which is why it will not work.

Try

That works great.
I have a column with a formula in it which I can delete now.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can search for ampersand in author_sort, there it works as intended. But authors:#>1 is better.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
kwhaley
kwhaley began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Perfect! I had the same problem.

You can ignore my tweet then.

Kim Whaley

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Try

kwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert