Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Ereadlog
Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
What is your opinion about Goodereader youtube channel ?

Hey,

Comparing different channels I got impression that same ereaders seem to be more responsive on videos on Goodereader channel than when reviewed on other channels. So I thought maybe they just move hand in slow tempo, and then for the video they speed it up for example +3-10%. This way it would still look natural, but the device will appear faster than it really is. I saw similar comments about this on youtube. Obviously since they are a shop selling ereaders they have incentive to make their products seem the best possible.

So did you notice similar things ?
Generally do you think their videos are objective ?
Ereadlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereadlog View Post
Hey,

Comparing different channels I got impression that same ereaders seem to be more responsive on videos on Goodereader channel than when reviewed on other channels. So I thought maybe they just move hand in slow tempo, and then for the video they speed it up for example +3-10%. This way it would still look natural, but the device will appear faster than it really is. I saw similar comments about this on youtube. Obviously since they are a shop selling ereaders they have incentive to make their products seem the best possible.
I seriously doubt they use the same editing technique as The Chipmunks

Quote:
So did you notice similar things ?
Generally do you think their videos are objective ?
I don't think their videos are objective. All reviews are subjective.

I do think they spend too much time on things most people don't care about (the PDF experience). They have a habit of making the text so big (so as to look better on the camera) that it becomes useless in trying to get an idea of how the device actually looks. In general, I think they are poor reviewers.

But I do not think they use underhanded camera tricks for any reason.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a comparison of the Oasis to the Forma ans the text is huge. It's not representative of the text size most would use. Also, most people do not use a slab serif to read on a Kobo. The font size on the Forma was larger then that of the Oasis and it looked awful and really unreadable. Slab serif, overly large font size with rapids (rivers) of gaps. I looked awful. The Oasis did look better but still not nice.

So when you view a GoodEReader video, you use it to look at specific things and ignore they poor settings and sometimes lousy review. I used this video to show that the Amazon's image dithering is still worse then Kobo's image dithering. Amazon has less detail and less contrast.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:21 PM   #4
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
i had no idea they even had a you tube channel to be honest
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think they're full of crap. I would really like to use another word, but since there is probably someone - at this very moment - indulging in eating something, I'll refrain from using that word.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 10:59 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Very informative and well produced. The single best source. They do some good comparative videos too.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:53 PM   #7
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Just don't buy anything from their store; that's definitely dodgy.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:22 AM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Very informative and well produced. The single best source. They do some good comparative videos too.
I'm assuming this is ironic.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:18 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Take a look at their any Kobo vs any Kindle videos. They do their best to make the Kobo look like crap compared to the Kindle when if done right, the Kobo should look better then the Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #10
0x6c616d70
HP: 9%
0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Looks like they made a failed e-reader in the past... but that's somewhat irrelevant now. I check there from time to time to if there are new devices, they've got the quantity part quite right.
0x6c616d70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #11
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I always feel sorry for the main reviewer because he's not winning friends with his animal charisma unless his audience consists of orphaned geese. The simpering delivery is also annoying. That channel is going to have viewers, but they probably watch with contempt and not just because of the bias or methodology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I think they're full of crap. I would really like to use another word, but since there is probably someone - at this very moment - indulging in eating something, I'll refrain from using that word.
I'm eating right now and wouldn't have found the phrase wombat cubes unappetizing.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 07-18-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:10 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I always feel sorry for the main reviewer because he's not winning friends with his animal charisma unless his audience consists of orphaned geese. The simpering delivery is also annoying. That channel is going to have viewers, but they probably watch with contempt and not just because of the bias or methodology.

I'm eating right now and wouldn't have found the phrase wombat cubes unappetizing.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #13
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take a look at their any Kobo vs any Kindle videos. They do their best to make the Kobo look like crap compared to the Kindle when if done right, the Kobo should look better then the Kindle.
Dunno about that. I only watch the android type device videos. I know that nate the great seems to have a hate on for kobo.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:12 AM   #14
junioryoudare
junioryoudare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Last gen
I too think they are full of crap now, but they used to be good though in the past, for the past -3 years their review videos started to become less and less informative and biased.
junioryoudare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #15
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
I don't know if they were ever good. They run a store selling everything they "review". They have incentives to make bad products look good. They also "review" products before they're even out like the Reinkstone. At best they give you a run down of the features available on the product.

I also caught them selling a Japanese boogie board clone on their site for 3x the asking price of it on Amazon.co.jp and called them out on it in their comments section on YouTube and surprise surprise they just deleted it.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote