Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 06:42 PM   #2881
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Tule publishing is having a 50% sale if you buy direct at their website. Expires Sept 15th.

Quote:
Happy 8th birthday to us! Party popper

Don't miss the fun in the Tule Book Club today, where authors are dropping in with fun memories and giveaways!

And don't forget to shop our 50% off ebooks sale! Use the code: TULE BIRTHDAY
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #2882
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
The Jackal by J.R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp #1, BDB Universe ~#24?) -$1.99
Spoiler:
The location of the glymera’s notorious prison camp was lost after the raids. When a freak accident provides Nyx clues to where her sister may still be doing time, she becomes determined to find the secret subterranean labyrinth. Embarking on a journey under the earth, she learns a terrible truth—and meets a male who changes everything, forever.

The Jackal has been in the camp for so long he cannot recall anything of the freedom he once knew. Trapped by circumstances out of his control, he helps Nyx because he cannot help himself. After she discovers what happened to her sister, getting her back out becomes a deadly mission for them both.

United by a passion they can’t deny, they work together on an escape plan for Nyx—even though their destiny is to be forever apart. And as the Black Dagger Brotherhood is called upon for help, and Rhage discovers he has a half-brother who’s falsely imprisoned, a devious warden plots the deaths of them all…even the Brothers.

Kindle | Kobo | Google

I completely lost track of this series when it started branching and still have at least a half dozen in the old TBR pile. This is one of the more recent releases (Aug 18, 2020) and a new branch. I think the shifters start somewhere around here too, I'm so confused.
apesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #2883
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Freebie

I haven't read this author yet but she has solid Kindle and Goodread ratings. Book 3 in the series was free a couple weeks ago.

Witches of Keating Hollow Box Set (Books 1-2) by Deanna Chase
Spoiler:
Welcome to Keating Hollow, the enchanted town full of love, family, and magic.

This set includes books 1 and 2 of the Keating Hollow series, Soul of the Witch and Heart of the Witch.

Soul of the Witch:At age eighteen, after a potion tragically backfired, Abby Townsend left Keating Hollow and her magic behind to find redemption. Ten years later, after being summoned by her family, she’s back. As soon as she drives into town, she’s already plotting her inevitable exit, but she can’t quite escape the pull of the tightly knit magical community or the soulful gaze of the one man she’s never forgotten. And when an eight-year old witch not only leads her back to her magic, but also steals her heart, Abby’s about to learn what it means to embrace the soul of a witch.

"Soul of the Witch feels like it maybe got touched by just a little bit of Witch Central’s DNA." ~ Debora Geary, bestselling author of A Modern Witch

Heart of the Witch:
There are only three things that were ever important to Noel Townsend—love, family, and magic. Two out of three aren’t bad. She’s blessed with a large close-knit family and her magic has never been stronger. But love? That ended three years ago when her husband walked out on her and her daughter and never looked back.

These days Noel only has room in her pieced-together heart for her six-year old daughter. But when Drew Baker shows up on the doorstep of her inn with news of her husband, fate has other plans. And so does Drew. If he can get past her defenses, Drew is going to do everything in his power to heal the heart of a witch.

And a deal from one of my favorite romantic suspense authors . . .

Flight (Texas Murder Files #2) by Laura Griffin - $1.99
Spoiler:
When former forensic photographer Miranda Rhoads moves to the seaside town of Lost Beach, she's decided to make her living as a wildlife photographer and put crime scenes behind her. But her plans are quickly upended when one morning, she comes across a couple sleeping in a canoe, entwined in an embrace. Looking closer, she realizes the man and woman aren't asleep—they’ve been murdered.

Detective Joel Breda sets out to find answers--not only about the unidentified victims in the marshy death scene, but also about the aloof and beautiful photographer who seems to know more about his investigation than he does.

As they begin to unravel the motivation of a merciless serial killer, Miranda and Joel must race against the clock to make an arrest before the killer can find them first.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 09-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #2884
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Sin & Chocolate is $0.99 at Kindle US right now. It's also KU, but if you want your own copy, now is a good time!

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Sin-Chocolate...dp/B07J3BR4Q7/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Sin-Chocola...dp/B07J3BR4Q7/

Spoiler:
Quote:
I want anything but to be discovered. He has realized what I truly am.

I live in a forgotten corner of nowhere for a reason: there is safety in anonymity. To maintain my freedom, I need to stay away from the powerful people that rule Magical San Francisco.

But then the ruler's son, a ridiculously handsome and incredibly powerful demigod of Poseidon, nearly runs me down with his expensive sports car.

He's here for revenge, and he has realized that I have a touch of Hades.

Well...more than a touch. A rare type of magic feared the world over.

He thinks I'm the key to his salvation, and he wants me to help him claim vengeance.

He also just plans wants me.

But to help him, I risk losing myself to the darkness.

I can't escape his passion, but his need for vengeance could destroy us both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I don't think anyone has yet mentioned KF Breene's Demigods of San Francisco, which I've quite enjoyed, and which is also KU. She had me with the title of the first book, Sin & Chocolate , and I binge read the whole series from there...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #2885
apesmom
Wizard

A couple older historical/time travel freebies . . .

A Love Through Time (Mackendimen Clan #1) by Terri Brisbin, originally published by Jove 1998
Spoiler:
Maggie Hobbs has had enough of controlling men in her life. Breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, she heads to Scotland for her summer vacation, hoping to put it all behind her—though she never dreams how far behind her it will go! During a stop at a clan ceilidh, Maggie meets the man who should be heir to the Clan MacKendimen—one whose father turned his back on his heritage for a new life in America. And then Fate steps in to throw her back to a time when men controlled everything! Alex MacKendimen returns to his father’s lands and discovers a life that could have been his. With the emptiness of his life staring back at him, he wished for another chance to find happiness and finds himself catapulted to the past – as he and a beautiful stranger face dangers together in medieval Scotland. Thrown back through time to the medieval village of Dunnedin, the two must find a way to survive and make it back home. Neither one knew that falling in love was part of Fate's plan for them.

Kindle | Kobo | Google

Carried Away (Devils and Dames #1) by Jill Barnett, originally published by Pocket Books 1996
Spoiler:
The proud descendants of a Highland clan, Calum and Eachann MacLaughlan live in seclusion on a Maine island. The brothers are as different in spirits as they are in looks. Though one is dark and levelheaded, the other fair and adventurous, they have one thing in common: they want brides. When Eachann's two unruly children are expelled from school, he is even more determined to wed. Following an old Scottish tradition, Eachann decides to solve the problem for both himself and his brother....

Spying on a fancy society party, Eachann sees a solution before him. The always capable debutante Georgina Bayard is basking in the light of her own ball. Meanwhile, outside, Amy Emerson is valiantly struggling to conceal her first broken heart. Swept away by this young Scotsman, both young women become captives. Kidnapped and furious, with only each other for support, Amy and Georgina have a choice: fight for the life they'd previously known...or let their hearts get carried away....

Kindle
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #2886
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Can get Whispersync version with AUdible for just $1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Are the series novellas in KU?

Long Ride Home is a prequel novella (0.5) and Five Mornings (1.5) gives background on book two's protagonists. Well worth reading if they're there or you can find them.

ETA: The new device sounds great. How is the light for reading when you aren't in a well lit area?
I added the KU version and got the Audible Versions for just $1.99
Not the Novellas, Books 1-3

Last edited by rgeorg; Today at 10:11 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #2887
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The first two books and a prequel novella in Jeffe Kennedy's Heirs of Magic series are on sale right now at Kindle US and UK, and at Kobo US too, where they are discountable. The books are $1.99/£1.45 each and the novella is $0.99/£0.77. This is probably in honor of the third book in the series, which is coming out in a few days.

There's a lot more info in @libraryaddicts previous post, including links for the first title, The Golden Gryphon and the Bear Prince, and a link to Kennedy's own website, where the books are also on sale - and where you get both epub and mobi, and they are DRM free).

And here are links for the other two:

The Long Night of the Crystalline Moon, prequel novella (also in the Under a Winter Sky anthology, so check carefully before you buy)
Jeffe Kennedy website: https://jeffekennedy.com/the-long-ni...ystalline-moon
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0982JRR18/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...ystalline-moon
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0982JRR18/

The Sorceress Queen and the Pirate Rogue, #2
Jeffe Kennedy website: https://jeffekennedy.com/the-sorcere...e-pirate-rogue
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SJB6NTM
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...e-pirate-rogue
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SJB6NTM

Last edited by sufue; Today at 01:41 PM. Reason: added Kobo links, Kobo website had been down
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #2888
apesmom
Wizard

My adventures in KU this week . . .
  • Hellbound Guilds & other Misdirections (GCU #14) by Annette Marie - 4
  • Rogue Ghosts & other Miscreants (GCU #15) - 4
Next in series is to be published on Friday and then it's a long wait until Jan for another installment.
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters #1) by Jaymin Eve - 4
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters #2) - 4
New series, new author for me. Paranormal romance with an imaginative world, a little cray cray at times but I'm entertained so I'll continue with the series.
  • Mind over Magic (Witch in Wolf Wood #1) by Linday Buroker - 3
This one was disappointing, weak world building and unrelatable characters.

Purchases: (I don't quite know why I bought the J.R. Ward, probably deal FOMO in case I pick up the series again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9-19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	189311