Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Zelda, don't you guys have a vacation day tomorrow? I think all Germany and half Switzerland is having a day off, so work is rather relaxed right now...
no holiday here, alas. and as usual, summertime is getting very busy for me with work (i shouldn't complain, better that than the opposite...). what is the occasion for you ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
The odd thing is that the wiki stayed online. I have a link to the Sony stuff saved, so when I clicked it, it was still there.

I blame the economy. And aliens. (Green, not Mexican)
it could have been squirrels...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no holiday here, alas. and as usual, summertime is getting very busy for me with work (i shouldn't complain, better that than the opposite...). what is the occasion for you ?
Many European countries celebrate the Christian festival of "Corpus Christi" as a public holiday. That's tomorrow, June 11th, this year (it's a "moveable" thing, related to the date of Easter).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
The odd thing is that the wiki stayed online. I have a link to the Sony stuff saved, so when I clicked it, it was still there.
Different parts of Mobileread - different backends (and different servers, too). Should all go down at once, I am supporting your aliens theory.

Quote:
We call it "Fronleichnam", which translates to Corpus Christi I guess. Catholic holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Christi_(feast)

Edit: Ahh, Harry beat me!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Different parts of Mobileread - different backends (and different servers, too). Should all go down at once, I am supporting your aliens theory.
don't forget the squirrels !!!

Quote:
We call it "Fronleichnam", which translates to Corpus Christi I guess. Catholic holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Christi_(feast)

aw, now i'm disappointed ! i don't see why we shouldn't have that one too, we have easter monday and ascension and plenty of others... what is this anti-fronleichnam discrimination ???
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You guys are lucky! We don't even get Christmas and New Year's Eves off. I need a holiday!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
You guys are lucky! We don't even get Christmas and New Year's Eves off. I need a holiday!
i'm still campaigning for the 4-day (maximum) work week. join my crusade ! we can add observation of every major religious / historical holiday as well.

sadly, recently we lost one of our holidays ; now it's an "optional" (by the employer) holiday, but you don't get paid, and the money goes to the old people's care fund. of course, this is mainly immaterial to me, as a freelance... particularly as i have some clients who insist on scheduling meetings on holidays / saturdays.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i'm still campaigning for the 4-day (maximum) work week. join my crusade ! we can add observation of every major religious / historical holiday as well.

sadly, recently we lost one of our holidays ; now it's an "optional" (by the employer) holiday, but you don't get paid, and the money goes to the old people's care fund. of course, this is mainly immaterial to me, as a freelance... particularly as i have some clients who insist on scheduling meetings on holidays / saturdays.
About 10 yrs ago, they took away one of our optional days and instead gave us Martin Luther King's birthday. Fine with me. I wish his birthday was every week!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Did anyone else seriously feel a sense of "loss" when we got cut off?

I knew you were all out there.........but I couldn't 'see' you......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

I'z rite heer, missing u!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Many European countries celebrate the Christian festival of "Corpus Christi" as a public holiday. That's tomorrow, June 11th, this year (it's a "moveable" thing, related to the date of Easter).
But it's always a Thursday. "Three Thursdays in the year shine more than the sun: Holy Thursday, Corpus Christi and Ascension day". It rhymes in Spanish (but no, it isn't a holiday here either).

Last edited by Jellby; 06-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!

Corpus Christ (Texas) used to be a great little beach town, but I haven't been since all of the hurricanes tore it up. It's a long way to drive for the same Gulf beach that we have right here at home.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

actually, it's good i was working when this happened. i remember a previous (short, thankfully) downtime when i think i spent the whole time refreshing madly the page in case it was back. it leaves a void when it goes away, doesn't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
But it's always a Thursday. "Three Thursdays in the year shine more than the sun: Holy Thursday, Corpus Christy and Ascension day". It rhymes in Spanish (but no, it isn't a holiday here either).
how is it in spanish ?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I noticed when I got "internal server error" .... so I went and did some chores. And ... in 30 minutes I'll be taking Simon to the vet (he has either a cyst or a tumor).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #29
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I realize that having MR down for any length of time is horrifying, but hardly an excuse for Harry beating you!

Shame Harry! Shame!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's fixed now. It just fixed itself.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote