Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
Naczek
Naczek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950
Help after changing PRS-950 screen

Dear friends,

Fortunately I have found this forum and I beg your help if it's possible.

Some years ago I bought a PRS-950 E-Reader. I have been very happy with it but one day I found the screen broken.

I tried to contact Sony Official Support but no support is available so I thought that there was no possibility to repair my e-reader.

Surprinsingly I found a new screen at Aliexpress so I thought "why not" and, using the service manual, I tried to repair it.

It has been a hard work because the broken screen was really stuck with glue, but finally I have been able to change the screen.

The problem I am facing now is that when I switch the E-Reader on, the screen looks fine but only the top half of the touch screen works. It's a problem because I cannot select "OK" option to choose language (or any setting) so my E-Reader still keeps useless.

My question is if you think that there's a problem with the screen (In that case maybe another new screen would fix it) or if it's maybe a misconfiguration.

I cannot enter to the service Menu (I am afraid I do not have the right files) and I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks in advance.
Naczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
If you check the "similar threads" below your post it appears that there are some suggestions however am not sure if any worked. The following link is an example

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280895

You might also try posting your question in the "Sony Reader Dev Corner" since one the suggestions is to try to "Flash the Firmware". . . not sure what that is all about but it sounds interesting.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-950