Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Have anyone read technical papers on iLiad?

Hi all,

I wonder what is the effect and performance of the iLiad on reading technical papers (mostly pdf files) with a lot of equation and diagram.

Is the screen big enough to read the paper, or you have to zoom in?

I have the PRS-700, now but the result is a bit disappointed in reading PDF science paper.

So I may need to return it and upgrade to an iRex.

Thanks for sharing your experience
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Suggest you take a look at this list of links to screen shots of PDF documents on e-ink devices:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39227
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Atom_
Enthusiast
Atom_ began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
Is the screen big enough to read the paper, or you have to zoom in?
For tipical A4 papers the screen is not big enough. If your papers are structured in two columns, you can use alanine's continuous columns mode version of ipdf (the iLiad pdf readir application). It works very good.

I read physics papers with it, and it has a little problem with the positions of the annotations you make, but apart from this I love it. Other than that, you go thought the papers in quite a natural way, and the equations etc. are rendered perfectly.

The easiest way to install it is using the multi ipdf installer, which also gives you access to other modified ipdf versions, with additional features.
Atom_ is offline   Reply With Quote