Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-19-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
sgmoore
Enthusiast
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Confused about traceback

I am not a python programmer, but I am trying to tweak some plugins and using the source of calibre and some plugins to try to learn both python and calibre and came across something that puzzled me.

I am running calibre-debug -g and running from source and noticed this message when starting up.

[0.56] Constructing main UI...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "..\calibre\src\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py ", line 48, in get_resources
File "zipfile.py", line 1510, in read
File "zipfile.py", line 1547, in open
File "zipfile.py", line 1476, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named 'commit.txt' in the archive"

Why is there no mention of the plugin that calls zipplugin/get_resources ?

It took me a while, but I finally found where the message comes from and it only appears when running in debug mode, so I'm not worried about the message, but puzzled that the stacktrace/traceback would be missing, what to me, is the most important bit?

Can anyone explain?
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no guarantee that stack traces must contain the information that humans find most useful. It is simply a trace of what function calls lead up to the unhandled error. Usually, that's enough to track down problems, not always.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert