Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-17-2023, 11:33 AM   #1
Doum
Connoisseur
Doum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
calibredb tables/colums and relations

Hi , since the new version 7.0 , the database has been modified ?
If yes , please have you a graphqiue with tables/columns and all relations with others tables updated ?

( I use sql on calibre sqllite database for my research ...)

Another thing
I saw that i can now add my own files in the structure files of calibre on disk .
I have already create an mini covers in a separate folder for all my epub, do you think it's possible to update with an magical command calibre database AND copy/move my minicover file inside each directory . (each name for my minicover as the format minicover<epubid>)

Thanks for you help (and sorry for my bad english)
Doum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the database has not been modified, notes are stored in a separate attached db. You can see the current schema of the database in the calibre source code, look for all files ending with .sql

There's no magical single command, but it should be easy for you to write a script to put your files into a folder named data inside each book folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2023, 11:49 AM   #3
Doum
Connoisseur
Doum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
ok thanks/
so when i remove a book
- you delete the directory and all files inside or
- you read this new db and delete the file registerd for this epub or
- you leave my file and remove just the epub.. ?
Doum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
when you delete a book the entire book folder and everything in it is deleted.

The new db is for *notes* not for data files there is no db for data files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote