Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
edward.81
edward.81 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader (android)
[kde - arch] Sigil hang with mouse selection

Anyone with this trouble ? If I try to leftclick select some part of text in code editor sigil hang for 1 min. Selection with keyboard cursor don't give trouble.
I wanted to fill a bugreport on google code page but sad i see that the program don't have any developer working on it. Still on the same (sad) situation ?
edward.81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There are several users with KDE here IIRC, but this is the first time I hear about this problem. Have you installed Sigil with a repository or build it yourself? I would recommend building it for Linux.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
For what it's worth, I'm running sigil 0.7.4 on Kubuntu "Trusty Tahr" 14.04 (KDE 4.13.2, Qt 5.2.1) without problems. I built it from source.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
FWIW I am running Sigil on Arch as well, using Cinnamon-desktop.

Sigil is installed from the repos, but I don't see why that should make a difference one way or another. Arch PKGBUILDs should be doing the exact same process -- no patches.

I am suffering no problems or slowdowns. Impressive, considering this laptop is ~10 yrs old.

Perhaps KDE+Arch+Sigil are combining together in a weird way.

I am not willing to install KDE to test the theory though.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-14-2014 at 03:09 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
edward.81
edward.81 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader (android)
Thanks to all the reply. I tried to compile myself just in case but I get the same trouble.
I also tried to launch sigil from Twm (startx) and from that is working fine.
How much I hate being the only one with a problem
edward.81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert