Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Question kids books and CM7

Just got my nook color and was successful in getting CM7 running from the SD card

Installed the b&n nook software for android, but that apparently doesn't support the read to me kids books that the standard nook color reader does.

Do any of the alternate readers?

Any chance of getting the standard reader running on CM7?

Thanks!
Charles
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Yeah, my youngest liked the books that read to you also. Stock reader app doesn't work on CM7 (B&N framework design is different).

All we can hope is that B&N eventually adds this to their Nook app. They did just add magazines and such to the Nook app, so there is some hope.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Other than the ability to pull out the SD card to return to stock (which looks like a pain to do regularly), is there any other benefit to CM7 over manual nooter? If the "read to me" feature is important to you, it may be worth it to switch to manual nooter. The stock apps all work normally with that. (Sorry, not answering your original question, I know, but still something to consider.)
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeowl View Post
Other than the ability to pull out the SD card to return to stock (which looks like a pain to do regularly), is there any other benefit to CM7 over manual nooter? If the "read to me" feature is important to you, it may be worth it to switch to manual nooter. The stock apps all work normally with that. (Sorry, not answering your original question, I know, but still something to consider.)
I've used both; the autonooter method is a lot less sharp than the CM7 install, imho. I rarely used my autonooted NC; I use my CM7 one all the time. It's just much more usable in general, I think.

I second the "wait and see" theory. The magazines-on-app stuff is VERY recent; one presumes that the "read to me" stuff will follow.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I've read that CM7 was more stable...

Plus I figured using the SD method was safer and would insure that my warranty was unaffected.
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cinci View Post
Plus I figured using the SD method was safer and would insure that my warranty was unaffected.
The biggest attraction for me of the SD method was that I couldn't screw it up. If the install goes wrong, just pull the SD card out and start again. I'm several thousands of miles away from my nearest B&N, so getting any sort of warantee support is out of the question.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote