Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Anyone in Brisbane, Australia want to see an eDGe in person?

I'm in Brisbane for the week at a conference. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to demo my machine.

PS there's an android tablet app developer for the Samsung Galaxy Tab here whom I briefly met this morning and says his guys do have access to the Android market on their tablets. Going to try to hook up for a more detailed conversation, let him see the edge and see if he has any cool tips/tricks for me! Will share if I find out anything interesting.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

The Samsung Tabs got market access because they also function as phones - at least in Europe - all the US phone companies disabled that feature on the Tab. I looked at them, pretty nice device; but the price is outrageous at 599 without a data contract or 399 with a monthly 2 year data contract. I will wait for ADAM; it looks like it may really ship this time.

Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
The Samsung Tabs got market access because they also function as phones - at least in Europe - all the US phone companies disabled that feature on the Tab.
Ah, maybe that's why it never occurred to me that it would be a phone too.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
nzimas
Edge User

I actually know a Mac fangirl from Brisbane who should most certainly be briefed on the unique features the edGe sports... although, like most in her tribe, she tends to be extremely irrational and narrow minded when it comes to high tech. On the top of that, she doesn't seem to read much.
In any case, I'll let her know that someone with an actual innovative gadget is in town