Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #16
AB9239
Edge User

I just installed the update and tried out the basic functions. I am blown away at how many improvements EE squeezed into this upgrade. The menu screen is more responsive, the new menu is great (love the extra space), youtube works, and all my installed apps/settings etc. continue to work. Kudos to the EE folks - I continue to be delighted with my device.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #17
emen
Edge User

I like the new Library very much, especially the search function it's going to be very useful for students.

The new Browser is just great, I like the menu bar, it's just what I needed! The icon that enables us to display a web page on e-ink side is soooo neat. Maybe it's just me, but I think browsing is a lot faster now.

Also, it seems to me that some bugs we mentioned on our Bugs topic, are solved, e.g. no broken lines, the browser looks fine.

I haven't yet played much with Journal and Reader, and will share my impressions later, but I like the menu, in the previous version, all the icons were a little confusing.

Oh, yes, I like the fact the menu is hidden when an application is started.

Me happy

Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #18
MichaelV
Edge User

did anybody managed to use 3cxphone or Sipdroid on this new version?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
fgruber
Edge User

I like the calendar. Specially the eink integration. However, until it gets synchronization with google it is of limited utility for me. I really hope they are working on that.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
BobClarke
Edge User

I worked with it all last night. I needed to as I am presenting to two pilot groups this week. Dingo is a wonderful upgrade and I have discovered only one glitch. It, unfortunately for me, was with the Projector App. It works fine with the EVGA UV Plus+ 19 adapter I purchased but the projection comes out sideways. This is OK on the LCD side aas I can rotate the screen. On the Reader side, sadly my only current option is holding the projector sideways, an action not recommended by its manufacturer.

I'm assuming this is a function of not being able to actually input the recommended resolutions on APP but maybe others will have better luck.

Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #21
StevenP
Edge User

I haven't had a chance to really play with the calendar app yet but everything else seems more streamlined and slightly faster. The eReader and Journal screen are much cleaner and the menu bars are quite nice. I played some YouTube and it worked great.

Until this update I did not think the Edge was ready for demonstration models in stores like Best Buy but as long as the demonstration models include the Dingo update I think it is.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
Until this update I did not think the Edge was ready for demonstration models in stores like Best Buy but as long as the demonstration models include the Dingo update I think it is.
I've been marvelling at how far the eDGe has come since the original release in February/March. It's been taking enTourage a while, and we still need Froyo 2.2 this Fall, but it'll be quite the slick device by then.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
pat.indie
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I've been marvelling at how far the eDGe has come since the original release in February/March. It's been taking enTourage a while, and we still need Froyo 2.2 this Fall, but it'll be quite the slick device by then.
I agree Boris. Without sounding like a cheerleader (as some of us have been called), I can say this; I can now recommend edge to my friends without hesitation.
Agreed edge can do more, but the current version of firmware does almost all the device initially promised to do.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #24
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.indie View Post
...I can now recommend edge to my friends without hesitation. Agreed edge can do more, but the current version of firmware does almost all the device initially promised to do.

Over the summer, I had recommended to my husband that he wait for the Adam (given what he wants a mobile device to do), but now I wonder if he should just buy an eDGe. The only drawback of all of these devices is the lack of support for languages other than English on the keyboard. He'd need Norwegian and Dutch. Anyone know of a keyboard app for those languages?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #25
janvangastel
Edge User

Quote:
we still need Froyo 2.2 this Fall
OK, only 22 days to wait.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
borisb
Edge User

Fall goes to December 21 approx...

Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #27
Snow
Edge User

BobClark, I would suggest sending a ticket at www.entourageedge.com/support for your project app functionality.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #28
emen
Edge User

OK, some new impressions, I spotted broken lines when opening browser menu (not a big deal). Also, during extensive web browsing, my browser showed blank page twice, but I managed to fix it by scrolling, then the content appeared.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #29
janvangastel
Edge User

Quote:
Fall goes to December 21 approx...
I know Boris, but I am an optimist.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen View Post
OK, some new impressions, I spotted broken lines when opening browser menu (not a big deal). Also, during extensive web browsing, my browser showed blank page twice, but I managed to fix it by scrolling, then the content appeared.
Be sure to report this bug at http://www.entourageedge.com/support...kets&_a=submit. After every big release, there tends to be a followup maintenance release, so the more they know about the more they can fix sooner rather than later.