Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Where are startup files located?

My PC crashed but I can bring it up in safe mode at 640X480. I was able to backup all my data and the User and Program Data on the "C" drive. Other than my library what other Calibre files do I need to restore Calibre and where are they kept?. Plug in files are of particular interest.

Thanks in advance - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
If you were able to recover your library and database files, why not just reinstall calibre? That'd be the easiest and safest method of restoring full functionality.

Also, might be time for a new hard drive
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
On Windows systems, there's a Calibre folder in %APPDATA% that contains your plugins as well as some settings. I don't know if you can just copy it over an existing installation and get your old settings back...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can find the directory where calibre stores config information/plugins/caches etc by going to Preferences->Miscellaneous. But be aware that directly copying the config folder may or may not cause problems (it's not something I test or actively think about when writing code).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
But be aware that directly copying the config folder may or may not cause problems (it's not something I test or actively think about when writing code).
Thanks for the help.

Restoring a computer is a true pain - and all know where!

Here is what I did:
1- Installed an old version of Calibre.
2- Replaced the config file with the one I had saved.
3- Moved all my libraries into the same file path.
4- Updated to the latest version of Calibre.

Calibre came up in good shape. It even remembered the last library where I was working.

The only problem I have is that I can't use the viewer from the from the "Edit Meta Information" window although I can still double click the name in the library view.

Any idea what this is all about. I'm not sure this worked in 7.32. My computer crashed just after I updated.

Again thanks for the help, but more importantly for Calibre.

Regards - John
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

as far as I know, the viewer has never been launchable from the edit metadata dialog
Old 12-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
as far as I know, the viewer has never been launchable from the edit metadata dialog
I dropped back to 7.31 and was able to launch the viewer by double clicking on either epub or mobi in the "available format" box and have the selected format show up in the viewer.

Sure would like to have it back. It is/was very handy. I did wonder why you added the ability to launch the viewer from the library view.

Regards - John
Old 12-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It used to be that way: Double click on a format and it launched.
as of 7.32 NO longer ( just changed the Tweak from do_Nothing and restarted. No Joy.

No biggie if it does not work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

fixed in next release