Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
DarkSir23
DarkSir23 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Metadata Plugins and the "Download Metadata" bulk action

Hi,

I'm creating a plugin that will pull metadata from RPGGeek for a Roleplaying Game library. I've got it working for my own use, but I've noticed an odd thing about the behavior of downloading metadata. I don't see a way to download series_index that is passed from the parser. If I manually download metadata on a magazine issue, it populates fine, but it does not appear to be an option for the bulk download. Is there a place to set that, or is that something that's just not available?

Thanks.
DarkSir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
series_index works fine in bulk metadata download. the way to pass it is the same as for individual downloads.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
DarkSir23

But it's not listed as one of the items to import. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. All the checkboxes are checked.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

series index is part of series. If you have series enabled, series_index will come along for the ride.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
DarkSir23

Must be something I'm doing wrong with the plugin, then. They're all coming through as index 1. I'll keep looking, and hopefully I won't have to bother you about it anymore
Old 01-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #6
DarkSir23

Ok, making headway. It appears if the Series gets CHANGED when you download metadata, it sets the series_index, but if the series is unchanged, it doesn't change the series_index. Is that expected behavior? I can remove the series from all of them before I download, but that seems like a band-aid

Thanks,
Old 01-18-2021, 11:11 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm which plugin is this? it would help if I could test and reproduce.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:06 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think I understand what @DarkSir23 is saying. If I download metadata for a book that already has the series name and number, and the metadata found matches the series name, but not the number, the series info does not get updated. If the series name is different, the series info is updated.

I did this with both the Amazon and the Goodreads metadata source.

As an example using just the Amazon metadata source enabled for the book https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00873GRU4.

Firstly I downloaded the metadata and the series is "Wool Trilogy" and the index is 1. I changed the index to 2 and used the bulk metadata download to get the metadata. When I reviewed the metadata, it had nothing in the series field in the left side, and "Wool Trilogy [2]" on the right.

If I change the series name to something else, the metadata review shows the downloaded series name and index on the left.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:52 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7cb9286391fd44
Old 01-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #10
DarkSir23

Your response time on these things is amazing. Thank you for your continued work on Calibre. I've been using it for several years, across several different environments. One of my libraries has moved 5 times.

Amazing stuff, and thank you again.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:11 PM   #11
carterartist
carterartist began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
wait, you have plugin for rpggeek? Please help. That's what I've been looking for.
carterartist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magazines, metadata download