Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
Tazling
Tazling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Marvin
library statistics?

Is there some screen in Marvin that would show me the total number of books in my library? not for any practical purpose, I was just curious.

I could dump the whole lot back to a desktop using iExplorer and then count files, of course, but it seemed like something Marvin would do... and yet I didn't find anything like that -- Library Statistics. How many books, maybe average size, total storage consumed, I dunno, percentage unread?

Just a thought. Like I say, there are other ways to find out. But given all the incredibly cool things Marvin can do, I felt sure that page must be somewhere...

BTW I believe there is only one more day of free access to Internet Archive Emergency Library...
Tazling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm not sure about the other stats, but you can get the total books number using a slight work-around:

- from your library page select the menu at the top right
- under MULTI-SELECT, click on Select all visible

That take you back to your library page with all the books checked. DON'T HIT DELETE !!

At the top, in the middle is a red check with the total number of books selected.

To remove the checks, select the menu item at the top right again and select Unselect all.

This technique can be used to count all the books in any view/filter/collection. To make sure you get ALL your books tap the middle-top of you library page (where the Marvin logo is) and select Back to all your books.

Cheers!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
lucretius
lucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad Mini 5
Home Screen Menu (top right) - „Reading Statistics“ in Section „Browse“. If you don‘t have this in your Menu, you can add it in „Settings“ - „General Settings“ - „Home Screen Menus“ - „Reading Statistics“ in Section „Reading Journal Section“.
lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
There are a few ways to do it.

I normally check via Smart Collections and Reading Statistics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	308C7110-AAC3-4FC5-9D42-A64A4F99E985.png
Views:	322
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	179922   Click image for larger version

Name:	87F1A469-1712-4FB8-97A0-8F551A51BD54.png
Views:	328
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	179923  
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Awesome - I'm continually amazed at all the features Marvin has tucked away!

Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert