Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #31
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Could you be a bit more specific than: "works incorrectly" please?
Do not open or save the file txt
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
knc1

Sorry. Everything works. Thank you for your help.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Kudos to knc1. nice work my friend. And to you lydovig.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the game, works great. Only downside is that if you put it in a subdirectory (I prefer to keep games in a subdirectory of extensions) it won't find the images. So an option to indicate where the images are located would be a nice addition.

Other than that, perfect, the g'ol minesweeper.
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atordo View Post
Thanks for the game, works great. Only downside is that if you put it in a subdirectory (I prefer to keep games in a subdirectory of extensions) it won't find the images. So an option to indicate where the images are located would be a nice addition.

Other than that, perfect, the g'ol minesweeper.
perhaps the binary could be patched. the source is not available sadly
Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
perhaps the binary could be patched. the source is not available sadly
It's not big deal really. As the path seems hardcoded, you can keep the images in /mnt/us/extensions/gtkMines, and the binary, menu.json and config.xml in /mnt/us/extensions/games/gtkMines. With an appropriate entry in /mnt/us/extensions/games/menu.json, gtkMines will be in the "Games" section of Launcher, not in the main one.
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
twobob

KUAL SUPPORT NOTED HERE

Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 03:22 AM   #38
bakhanbeigi
bakhanbeigi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR T2
Could you please help me how to install it?

I just jailbreak my Kindle and Installed KUAL+ but I do not know how should I install this app
bakhanbeigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakhanbeigi View Post
Could you please help me how to install it?

I just jailbreak my Kindle and Installed KUAL+ but I do not know how should I install this app
There are many different Kindle models -
We really, really, really need to know what your model is (and so do you) -

Take the first 4 (or six) characters of your device's serial number and look it up in this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
The most important thing in that table is the nickname (a.k.a: device prefix).

Then update your device info block from your member's control panel.
That way, when you forget to tell us what device your talking about, we stand a chance of guessing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:21 AM   #40
fractal
fractal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW 2
Loved it! Thank you! ^_^
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:41 AM   #41
foxowl
foxowl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5
Hi, I have K5 and I have used a jailbreak this weekend, installing KUAL, Helper, MRPI, KOReader and your game. I enjoyed gtkMines for a few days, installed it as KUAL extension. However, now I tried to open it and my device got stuck in this extension and it looks frozen. The touch screen is not responsive. Pushing menu button makes the image invert temporarily. I can still open Kindle files through USB and I can turn on the sleep mode (Amazon offers) but when I turn it back on, the frozen gtkmines are still there. I even tried deleting the extension folder but it stays frozen. Any advice what to do?

EDIT: I managed to reboot the device and everything seems to work properly now.

Last edited by foxowl; 05-18-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: problem solved.
foxowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:29 PM   #42
tyoda
tyoda began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
I also noticed what atordo was talking about. I went into the binary with a hexeditor and changed things around to organize it a little. I did not change anything else about the game. You can find this version in the attached gtkMines-edited.zip

I also wanted to make the game look a bit easier on the eyes, so I edited the images a little. This version can be found in the attached gtkMines-clean.zip

I am very happy with how it looks now. You might not like the flag, though. In this case you can replace flag.png with flag1.png, or the original version.

This is how it looks now:

Spoiler:
Attached Files
File Type: zip gtkMines-edited.zip (29.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: zip gtkMines-clean.zip (121.2 KB, 55 views)
tyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:38 AM   #43
tyoda
tyoda began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Unfortunately image rendering seems to be broken and I can not edit my post, so here is the image link showing the new look https://i.imgur.com/dr6tYVu.jpg
tyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 02:41 PM   #44
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoda View Post
Unfortunately image rendering seems to be broken and I can not edit my post, so here is the image link showing the new look https://i.imgur.com/dr6tYVu.jpg
Why not attach the images to your post (with the "Manage Attachments" button) instead of embedding them in the post or making links to external images?

I doubt image rendering is broken at mobileread,
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch games, launcher add-ons