Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #1
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNed can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo stylesheet problem

Hello, I wonder if somebody could help please.

I'm using the following standard stylesheet on my Kobo Aura H20

body {color:black;
background-color:rgb(255,255,255);
text-align:justify;
line-height:1.2;
font-family: “Bookerly”;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
margin-top:1em;
margin-bottom:1em;
padding:0;
margin-right:1em;
margin-left:1em;
text-indent:2em;}
p {margin: 0;
padding: 0;}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
{color:black;
font-size: 20px;
font-family: "Bookerly";
text-align:center;
font-style:normal;
font-weight:bold;}

and it renders the headings the right size, but in grey rather than in black as should be shown below.

https://i.imgur.com/YzBx3Ra.jpg
Does anybody know how I can turn the headings to black please?

Last edited by Ned; Yesterday at 02:11 PM. Reason: remove oversize image
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #2
rashkae
Guru
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
You can specify a color for links in headers;

h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a {color: black}

Just as well you didn't get the right link for IMG tags. The moderators would have slapped you with a wet trout for not shrinking the image as per the guidelines (posted here somewhere.)... But in case you do create an image you want to post here in the future, rather than use the links Imgur suggests, open the image in Imgur, and right click on the picture to "Copy Image Location" (in firefox,, other browsers will have their own way to find this information, but who cares about other browsers?)

Last edited by rashkae; Yesterday at 12:19 PM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Nd, if you are linking the headers back to the ToC, stop it.

Linking headers back the the Toc is very poor form. The thing is, it doesn't need to be done as there is a proper ToC accessible with two taps. And it look awful. It looks cheap and tacky.

And how are you making your CSS? It looks awful. It's got too much stuff that really needs to go.

Code:
a {
  color: black;
}
body {
  widows: 1;
  orphans: 1;
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  margin-left: 0;
  text-align: justify;
}
p {
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  text-indent: 1.2em;
}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
  font-size: 20px;
  text-align:center;
}
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Hello, I wonder if somebody could help please.

I'm using the following standard stylesheet on my Kobo Aura H20

and it renders the headings the right size, but in grey rather than in black as should be shown below.

https://i.imgur.com/YzBx3Ra.jpg
Does anybody know how I can turn the headings to black please?
You are linking your headers and have not specified the link style? You might want to add a class to be used with the <a> tags such as

Code:
a {
    color : black;
    cursor : pointer;
    text-decoration : none;
}
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote