Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 12:38 AM   #16
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Teija might wanna look at decalgirl they make skins for devices and there is one for a Kobo touch. I’m not sure if it’s the same as the one you have I think there were iterations of the Touch. But you should be able to tell by looking at the images they have.

It’ll likely be pricier than buying the vinyl linked above but you wouldn’t need to cut anything down, there’s probably a wider selection (you can even use your own images), and since they do the cut outs for every thing your whole kobo would be uniform.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:46 AM   #17
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Teija might wanna look at decalgirl they make skins for devices and there is one for a Kobo touch. I’m not sure if it’s the same as the one you have I think there were iterations of the Touch. But you should be able to tell by looking at the images they have.

It’ll likely be pricier than buying the vinyl linked above but you wouldn’t need to cut anything down, there’s probably a wider selection (you can even use your own images), and since they do the cut outs for every thing your whole kobo would be uniform.
Thanks everyone! And thanks MGlitch: Yes, the first thing I did after "the mess" was look up their decals, but sadly the cost/hassle of shipping to Canada as well as the high initial cost make it quite prohibitive. I can buy a replacement device for less...

But I may revisit the vinyl idea, since I have a Silhouette cutting machine which I could create a "template" for it and have a piece of vinyl custom-cut. Another thing for the to-do list.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:58 AM   #18
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
(Looking it a little closer — it's not actually carbon fiber, rather vinyl made to look like it. Still would be better than tacky "rubber rot.")
That one is 3D and it does have a texture to it, better grip than without it on my h20. Can be found for cheaper if you search for "Carbon Fiber Vinyl 3D" , i just posted first seller that came up on ebay.
- 4D still has a texture but bit more shiny.
- 5D is glossy without texture and about twice as thick.Looks kind of the best but prone to getting dirt on edges because of thickness and some glue being exposed because of it.

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 10-09-2019 at 01:02 AM.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #19
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
Answer to your problem
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-5D-Water...xjYhqDVEP_F85A
Can be cut pretty clean with a razor or exacto knife.

Attachment 174072

Basically you can use any color or pattern sticky wallpaper(cant think of the right name) which is usually used for sticking over old furniture, as fake kitchen or bathroom tiles etc.Probably can be found at other places for different purpose too.
Self-adhesive vinyl, or sticky-backed plastic to UK residents of a certain age (google Blue Peter).
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't scratch the back of the Kobo. Just get a case for it. A case make it easier and better to hold then damaging the back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #21
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't scratch the back of the Kobo. Just get a case for it. A case make it easier and better to hold then damaging the back.
Yes Jon but we’re trying to deal with the existing damage. And as much as you love cases they wouldn’t have solved the initial issue of the rubber becoming sticky from age.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:49 AM   #22
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't go as far as the back panel, but it is also sticky, and yes, it is in a case, but it's fairly bulky and it isn't easy to find "good" cases (or really ANY cases) for a Kobo Touch these days. A long time ago I saw silicone/TPU style form-fitting cases - those would be PERFECT for this requirement now!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #23
String
String began at the beginning.

Device: Aura One, Aura HD, Forma, Mini, Sage
Have a look at gun grip material to remove tacky feel. It provides a great grip.
Used it on an old camera grip that had gone the same way.
String is offline   Reply With Quote