Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
tempest@de
Addict
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Cover for Kobo Glo

I need to replace my kobo Glo cover as it is in really bad shape, and I’ve been looking in ebay, but I haven’t found a cover for the Glo, I suppose since it is an old model they don’t make this cover anymore, but I found several for the Glo HD.

Does anyone know if they are similar in size and if I can buy a cover made for the Glo HD and it will fit on the Glo?

The one I have was the slim one from gecko with Auto Wake-Up/Sleep function, and I’m looking for something similar, any help will be appreciated.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
milady133
Zealot
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It's going go be difficult, for now I've been able to find covers for my Kobo Aura, but I'm getting less results with each passing day, and it is a bit more modern reader.
Have you tried on Ebay? Maybe some vendor still have an old stock.
Regards
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The Glo and Glo HD are very similar in size (157mm x 114mm x 10mm for the Glo, and 157mm x 115mm x 9.5mm for the Glo HD), I have both and covers for both. When I got my first Glo HD, I just popped it into my old Glo cover, it was a bit more snug but it fit because of being a bit thinner. After maybe 6 months though, the stress on the plastic sides was enough to eventually crack in a corner, but by then a good assortment of covers for the Glo HD were out.

I swapped my Glo into the Glo HD case and I couldn't manage to get it in, I think it's more to do with the bezel shape because of the extra .5mm thickness. I probably could have forced it, but I didn't want to risk cracking the plastic corners of the case again, since I use it for my current reader. This is the type of case I'm using, the plastic shell that holds the reader in place is very rigid.

If you can manage to find a cover with a bit more softer plastic, it should fit, but I'd be sure you buy it from a store you can make a return at.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
tempest@de
Addict
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both.

Ripplinger, Thank you for checking it! Those are the kind of cases I like so it will be a hard find but since there are no more options I will look on amazon so I can return it if it doesn’t fit.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #5
tempest@de
Addict

an update in case someone is looking for a cover and stumbles in this thread.

I found several vendors on aliexpress that still had covers for the glo, they where the style I wanted (wake up) although I didn't particulary liked the material, but since they where all similar I still bought one.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #6
milady133
Zealot
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Good, I didn't think of aliexpress when I recommended eBay, should have thought of it. I'll keep it in mind, I might need it in the future for my Kobo Aura.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote