Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #61
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Had a message from Kobo today informing me that the issue has been resolved for my books. It said that a new download link has been provided for them which should allow them to work with ADE.

Not sure if this means that the issue in general has been resolved or that it is just for my books... But since installing the Obok plugin, I'm not too worried either way. So long as I can open my books one way or the other and move them to my preferred reading device, I will be happy.

I have the same issue. I've talked with them twice, but I'll check to see if my book can be downloaded to my computer.

(I, too, went the Obok way, but for me this is a matter of principle.)

UPDATE: They fixed the issue. It was very thoughtful of them not to tell me. Looks like the issue has been been fixed "in general."

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #62
bookaho!ic
Addict
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
just tested bought a book off my wishlist and it worked
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #63
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have had the same problem for a couple of weeks with a book I bought from them, and hadn't tried for a few days. This time, it worked!

Pretty poor on Kobo's part to tell us they are actively working on finding a solution and taking so long about it. Clearly they want us to buy Kobo ereaders instead.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #64
rashkae
Guru
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have had the same problem for a couple of weeks with a book I bought from them, and hadn't tried for a few days. This time, it worked!

Pretty poor on Kobo's part to tell us they are actively working on finding a solution and taking so long about it. Clearly they want us to buy Kobo ereaders instead.
I think Kobo would be overjoyed to ditch the Adobe servers if Publishers did not still cling to demanding DRM. It's taking them a long time to catch up to the music industry from 10 years ago, and alas, the same mistakes have wrought the same, probably very long term damage to the industry and market.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #65
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I think Kobo would be overjoyed to ditch the Adobe servers if Publishers did not still cling to demanding DRM. It's taking them a long time to catch up to the music industry from 10 years ago, and alas, the same mistakes have wrought the same, probably very long term damage to the industry and market.
They don't need to use the Adobe servers in order to put DRM onto their books--I'm pretty sure that their proprietary kepub format doesn't use Adobe DRM...at least I don't need to have ADE installed to view kepubs or remove the DRM from them. If they really didn't want to use Adobe, they could just drop the epub format and only offer kepubs.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote