Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Does one always have to reinstall patches after a firmware update?
Yes. When you install a new firmware, all the patches are gone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Does one always have to reinstall patches after a firmware update?
I think so. Perhaps some of them will be kept but it's better to install all of them.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I want to know is can the Forma buttons be disabled or patched away?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I want to know is can the Forma buttons be disabled or patched away?
In the current official firmware for them the Formas buttons can not be disabled. I doubt this will be different in 4.16 as I’ve seen nothing to indicate it as an added setting.

Given the work I’ve seen on the miniclock mod I think it’s possible to patch but it’d be hit and miss.

It’s worth mentioning this would, IMO, be a silly patch anyway. The Formas buttons aren’t so easy to press that you’ll accidentally trigger them. I imagine the same is true for the Libras buttons.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #20
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Thank you !

- Tested on Kobo_Clara HD & function without problem.

Thanks. I'll wait for others to confirm too if it's safe.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #21
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Worth trying to see if it works on the Forma?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #22
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
Worth trying to see if it works on the Forma?

It should you’d have to grab the firmware for the Libra. That it works on a Clara is a good indication it’ll work on the Forma as well. And given the similarities between the Forma and Libra I’d imagine it’d be the most likely to have the least issues.

If you opt to try it let us know. I’m pretty tempted to see how this new firmware works on my Forma as well.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, there's pretty much no reason for this not to work on other Mk. 7 devices at least. I know it at least includes a Forma kernel update (much like the previous 4.16 build did, too).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #24
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Kobo firmware 4.16.13337 has been released. As of September 11, 2019, it has been released to the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, and the Kobo Forma.

damn!
I have a Kobo Aura ONE!
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #25
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Just installed on Forma and all fine. Loving the new header and footer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	63de2f4a2a7e194e80a53936cd3d1ad8.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	173414

Last edited by issybird; 09-11-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Oversize image.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #26
JAC70
JAC70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Thank you !

- Tested on Kobo_Clara HD & function without problem.
Can confirm.
JAC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #27
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Firmware changes (in progress):
- Touch accuracy improvements.
I hope this means that text selection (highlighting text) will be better/easier.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #28
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I will wait eagerly for some (braver) soul to report that it works fine on the H2O2 Mk2. The changes in the firmware if they apply to the H2O2 may Liberate me from a growing urge to buy a new device I don't need.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #29
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I will wait eagerly for some (braver) soul to report that it works fine on the H2O2 Mk2. The changes in the firmware if they apply to the H2O2 may Liberate me from a growing urge to buy a new device I don't need.
Kobo has already officially confirmed that those features are coming to the other Kobos, presumably after the next update. It's just a matter of how patient you are and if you want the Libra hardware (comfortlight, buttons, shape, etc).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #30
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
It's just a matter of how patient you are and if you want the Libra hardware (comfortlight, buttons, shape, etc).
Yep, I'm still trying to decide if I like the idea of the buttons. I get by just fine without them on my H2O2, so the firmware upgrade may be enough. Hopefully the Libra will show up in physical retailers here before too long and I can try holding on to see if the buttons are a pro or a con - the 300 dpi is a pro, as is the slightly reduced weight.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo, kobofirmware, libra