Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.11.11980

Kobo Firmware 4.11.11980

Kobo firmware 4.11.11980 has been released. As of November 6, 2018, it has been released to the Kobo Forma. It has not been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, and the Kobo Clara HD. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick G (geek1011). Source Code

Last edited by geek1011; 11-06-2018 at 05:57 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
This firmware should be installable on older devices. Also, this firmware is on a way faster rollout than usual (now on almost every affiliate just 3 hours later).

Patches

Last edited by geek1011; 11-06-2018 at 05:57 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Installing now on my Forma. Affiliate of Kobo did not find the update when syncing so changed it to Bestbuyca and syncing downloads the update.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
I assume that this firmware has the fix for the .kepub stylesheet bug?
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Can confirm it fixes the stylesheet issue thanks to a friend testing it.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I assume that this firmware has the fix for the .kepub stylesheet bug?
It looks like it. I have not had it installed long enough to tell whether there are any new unpleasant surprises.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I assume the swipe-to-unlock feature is still there?
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I assume the swipe-to-unlock feature is still there?
It is on mine with 4.11.11980. A magnet, as would be in a sleep cover, bypasses the swipe (as one would hope and expect).
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
A magnet, as would be in a sleep cover, bypasses the swipe (as one would hope and expect).
It does? Where exactly? I thought I'd tried waving a magnet all over with no success. Every other Kobo I've owned was easy to find the magic spot.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
It is on mine with 4.11.11980. A magnet, as would be in a sleep cover, bypasses the swipe (as one would hope and expect).
One would expect consistant behaviour: if you need to swipe when walking from sleep when using the button, than one would expect a swipe to be needed when walking from sleep when opening the cover.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
And FWIW, I wish the swiping was an option, or go back to the way it used to be.

Has anyone asked Kobo if this is a feature or a bug?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #12
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It does? Where exactly? I thought I'd tried waving a magnet all over with no success. Every other Kobo I've owned was easy to find the magic spot.
I didn't say it was easy! I experimented with a solid-type fridge magnet. I eventual found a spot (although not always easily) in the upper left side of the screen (button side on the right). The location being approx 2 inches down, two inches across from the device edges, or thereabouts. So it seems.

I made a video! (Please ignore the CURB I have attached to the device.)

Last edited by k9reeder; 11-06-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added video
Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #13
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I didn't say it was easy! I experimented with a solid-type fridge magnet. I eventual found a spot (although not always easily) in the upper left side of the screen (button side on the right). The location being approx 2 inches down, two inches across from the device edges, or thereabouts. So it seems.
Ha! Sneaky! I think it relies on having a pair of magnets where you said - behind and on top, i.e. the Forma is the meat in a magnet sandwich.

Previous Kobos have had one magnet in the device and one in the cover. The official Forma cover must have one in the front cover, one in the back cover.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-06-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: nonsense
Old 11-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #14
k9reeder
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Ha! Sneaky! I think it relies on having a pair of magnets where you said - behind and on top, i.e. the Forma is the meat in a magnet sandwich.

Previous Kobos have had one magnet in the device and one in the cover. The official Forma cover must have one in the front cover, one in the back cover.
Not that I know of, see video I just posted above. Just one magnet at work.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #15
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
One would expect consistant behaviour: if you need to swipe when walking from sleep when using the button, than one would expect a swipe to be needed when walking from sleep when opening the cover.
Eh it’s less likely that the sleep cover will open significantly enough to wake the device accidentally than the wake/ sleep button getting pressed. I’m not saying either is very likely just that one is more likely.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote