Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 02:09 AM   #1
Aquan
Aquan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Latest Pocketbook sources

Hello,

I was wondering if there are newer versions of the Pocketbook source code than those available at github (https://github.com/pocketbook-free/pocketbook_free)?

Almost all of them are six years old or older...

If not, is it still possible to compile those sources and use them on a Touch Lux 3?
(I'm most interested in the pdfviewer application)
Aquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know of any newer versions of application code that have been released to the public, and I somehow doubt that there is any. The only chance is that something may have been released in the Russian forum. PocketBook has been getting less and less open with their code over time. I suspect that they don't have the resources for it, since cleaning up code and bundling it with working build systems takes a lot of effort and discipline.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2018, 03:54 AM   #3
Aquan
Aquan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Thanks for the answer. I already expected that, but its still a shame, it would have been very interesting to try and adjust some of the original Pocketbook applications, without losing 6 years of updates.
Aquan is offline   Reply With Quote