Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
algernonramone
algernonramone began at the beginning.

Device: None
Pocketbook - set collections from Calibre Metadata?

Is there any way to set the collections on a Pocketbook Inkpad 2 automatically using calibre metadata? I'd like to put all mysteries in one collection, all science books in another, etc. I didn't see any options for this readily apparent in the settings/plug-ins.
algernonramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the pocketbook driver has no support for collections, i'm afraid. It needs some developer with access to a PocketBook to write the code for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
The Pocketbook reads tags, so you could manage this by setting the desired tags.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Hi kovidgoyal, would just like to know if calibre is now able to create/manage collections in pocketbook.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it doesn't
Advert
Old 09-16-2022, 06:19 AM   #6
iupiter
iupiter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
Has Something changed by now?
iupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:58 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
Has Something changed by now?
I haven't noticed any changes.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:57 AM   #8
masp
Enthusiast
masp began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
@kovidgoyal I'm mapping my own collection custom column to 'genre' via a plugboard, but I'd prefer to map it to 'collection': I tried to find the relevant driver (code) in the github repo, in the hope of maybe being able to submit a PR to add 'collection' support, but couldn't figure out which class/driver: could you possibly point me to the correct class name, file, or similar? (I think it might be the EB600?)

Last edited by masp; 12-10-2023 at 12:00 PM.
masp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 12:01 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

it will depend on th emodel you have. in general grep the codebase for pocketbook in the src/calibre.devices sub-directory.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:54 PM   #10
masp
Enthusiast

I think it must be eb600.py: looks like maybe the Pocketbook devices were based on a Netronics device; however, all the EB600 subclasses seem to fall back on the methods of its base class (USBMS), so I'm looking at that and Device and CLI (which it inherits from); I guess I might have to create a new subclass of USBMS for my Pocketbook model? Not clear to to me yet how that (or any) driver class maps calibre columns to device book attributes (eg. for my Pocketbook ("Verge Pro") the tags column is mapped to the 'Genre' attribute (which I override via a plugboard), but I don't know where that (tags -> 'Genre') mapping is defined; I guess I would need a crash course in the calibre codebase to get much further
Old 12-10-2023, 10:06 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The important thing here would be booklist, you can subclass and override the methods that process and send booklists to the device. However most likely you will end up writing a full driver to deal with database on device syncing issues. Examples are the SONY and Kobo drivers.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:10 PM   #12
masp
Enthusiast

Thanks! Is there any way for me to tell which class is being applied currently when I connect and/or when I send to the connected device?
Old 12-10-2023, 10:13 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

which class of what? And just put prints into whatever code path you like run calibre as

calibre-debug -g

something like print(self) in the open() method will tell you what class it is.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:04 AM   #14
masp
Enthusiast

Yeah, sorry: I meant which device (eg. EB600). I'll play around with it as you suggest...