Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
xanadu59
xanadu59 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 Gold Edition
Screen problem.

Hello everybody,

Just bought this device a few days ago and right from the first time it was switched on I noticed two fine lines that appear across the screen horizontally.
I'm sending two pictures attached.
Can anyone give me a hint of how to correct this problem?
Please help. Urgent!
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28022012066.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	83158   Click image for larger version

Name:	28022012067.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	587.4 KB
ID:	83159  
xanadu59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
You can't correct these kind of problems yourself. You must send your device back to Bookeen and ask/require a replacement.

For me personally (but don't take it for granted) this looks like a failure of the controller and not like a broken screen. If this is true you're "lucky" as the first is covered by warranty and the second not.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
xanadu59
xanadu59 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 Gold Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
You can't correct these kind of problems yourself. You must send your device back to Bookeen and ask/require a replacement.

For me personally (but don't take it for granted) this looks like a failure of the controller and not like a broken screen. If this is true you're "lucky" as the first is covered by warranty and the second not.
Hi Billi,
Thanks for your advice.
Meanwhile I took the decision to return the device and get my money back.
It's done and it's goodbye Booken for me.
I previously owned a Opus and after 6 months had problems with the screen.
The shop gived me the chance to replace the Opus by the Gen3 but no luck again!
I think I will rest my wallet for a while. E-ink technology isn't yet very reliable.
Anyway thank you for your time and best wishes for this great forum.
Bye!
xanadu59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
How can you say Eink technology is not yet very reliable when you got the oldest ereader bookeen sells?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote