Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 10:32 AM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The forma had a feature many people dislike. When the device is powered on, or woken from sleep via the power button, a bar is displayed with a prompt to swipe the screen to complete the action.

Is it possible to add a patch to disable this feature?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #77
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The forma had a feature many people dislike. When the device is powered on, or woken from sleep via the power button, a bar is displayed with a prompt to swipe the screen to complete the action.

Is it possible to add a patch to disable this feature?
If you are talking about the swipe to unlock, there is my "Set swipe to unlock" patch.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #78
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you are talking about the swipe to unlock, there is my "Set swipe to unlock" patch.
Thanks. In not a patch user so hadn't kept track of what was available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #79
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
kobopatch request thread

Re: the reading footer toggle between page number, percent read and time remaining:

Quote:
I might be able to patch the long-tap [to a short tap] if you want.
Yes please!!

(Just adding my request from the other thread to here.)

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 12-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:40 AM   #80
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Currently
1. there are multiple fonts I never used from Kobo firmware
2. kobo firmare doesn't support my native language which most of my books are using.

Is it possible to delete embedded fonts in Kobo firmware and add customized fonts into Kobo system-wide directory in patching process?

As for deleting fonts:
The builtin fonts list to choose from is long, and I don't use most of them, so I want to delete the unneeded fonts and make the list a little shorter.

As for adding fonts:
I can sideload some fonts into fonts directory and read books in my language without problem, the only problem is that when I power on my kobo device, the characters in the library list cannot be displayed properly. And after I open a book and return to the list again, the characters in the list will be displayed properly. So I want the characters in the library list be displayed properly from the first beginning and I don't have to open a book first on some conditions.

So is this possible?

Last edited by codychan; 12-05-2018 at 09:29 PM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:26 AM   #81
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Currently
1. there are multiple fonts I never used from Kobo firmware
2. kobo firmare doesn't support my native language which most of my books are using.

Is it possible to delete embedded fonts in Kobo firmware and add custom fonts into Kobo system-wide directory in patching process?

As for deleting fonts:
The builtin fonts list to choose from is long, and I don't use most of them, so I want to delete the unneeded fonts and make the list a little shorter.

As for adding fonts:
I can sideload some fonts into fonts directory and read books in my language without problem, the only problem is that when I power on my kobo device, the characters in the library list cannot be displayed properly. And after I open a book and return to the list again, the characters in the list will be displayed properly. So I want the characters in the library list be displayed properly from the first beginning and I don't have to open a book first on some conditions.

So is this possible?
Perhaps...

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #82
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Perhaps...

Good luck.
Yeah,I read that thread before this patch request. I just want this function merged into patch system so I don't have to do other steps manually after installing patches.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #83
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah,I read that thread before this patch request. I just want this function merged into patch system so I don't have to do other steps manually after installing patches.
Sorry, can't see what the problem is.
You can create a folder into kobopatch src (kobopatch_4.11.12019/src/delete_files) and there put the files with the content you need.
Perhaps something like:
Spoiler:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Amasis*
# rm /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Avenir*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Caecilia*
# rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/georgia*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/GillSans*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KBJ*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KoboNickel*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Malabar*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/OpenDyslexic*

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/delete_fonts.rules
rm /root/delete_fonts.sh

Note I've commented Avenir and Georgia because they are system fonts. Perhaps you want to replace them with yours.
Then add the correspondant lines into files section of kobopatch.yaml:
Spoiler:
Code:
files:
  src/delete_files/delete_fonts.rules: etc/udev/rules.d/delete_fonts.rules
  src/delete_files/delete_fonts.sh: root/delete_fonts.sh

Good luck.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #84
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Can you add an option to unlock from sleep with the forma page turn buttons?
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #85
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Can you add an option to unlock from sleep with the forma page turn buttons?
No, this is not possible due to the way the events are handled.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #86
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
No, this is not possible due to the way the events are handled.
Bummer! I love the Forma but the power button is so squishy.

What about an option to make the book cover on the sleep screen full size?

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 12-07-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #87
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
Bummer! I love the Forma but the power button is so squishy.

What about an option to make the book cover on the sleep screen full size?
If I've fine understood, in `Energy saving` you have `Show book covers full screen`.

Good luck.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #88
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Sorry, can't see what the problem is.
You can create a folder into kobopatch src (kobopatch_4.11.12019/src/delete_files) and there put the files with the content you need.
Perhaps something like:
Spoiler:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Amasis*
# rm /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Avenir*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Caecilia*
# rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/georgia*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/GillSans*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KBJ*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KoboNickel*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Malabar*
rm usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/OpenDyslexic*

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/delete_fonts.rules
rm /root/delete_fonts.sh

Note I've commented Avenir and Georgia because they are system fonts. Perhaps you want to replace them with yours.
Then add the correspondant lines into files section of kobopatch.yaml:
Spoiler:
Code:
files:
  src/delete_files/delete_fonts.rules: etc/udev/rules.d/delete_fonts.rules
  src/delete_files/delete_fonts.sh: root/delete_fonts.sh

Good luck.
Thanks for your advice. I tried your method, and successfully deleted several fonts in kobo system-wide fonts directory(/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/), and they are no longer in the drop-list of changing-font in reading page.

But when I tried to add fonts into kobo system-wide fonts directory, the fonts I added are not in the drop-list(BTW, the fonts I added are working fine when sideloaded into fonts directory), so I did a little trick, add the following line to the end of the shell script which removes the fonts to list all fonts in /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/ and print the list into `nickel home` directory:

ls usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/* > /mnt/onboard/fonts-list

So I check the list in fonts-list when I connect my Kobo to PC. And the fonts I added are exactly all in the list(as expected, the fonts I deleted are not in the list). It means I did add them into usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/ but Kobo cannot recognize them when I want to change fonts when I'm reading. Why is that?

And I notice another thing, when I extract the kobo firmware zip file and try to open *ANY* font in the kobo-update-4.11.12019\KoboRoot\usr\local\Trolltech\QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts, it failed to open it.

Double left-clicking it in Windows10, it says

"The requested file xxx is not a valid font file."

And I tried to open it using FontForge, it failed to open it too, it says:

"xxx is not a known format (or uses features of that format fontforge does not support, or is so badly corrupted as to be unreadable)."

That is so weird.

Last edited by codychan; 12-07-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #89
codychan
Groupie

Patch request:

I use multiple customized dictionaries to replace the default dictionaries which are not useful to me.

But every time I connect kobo to WiFi and sync (The only reason I use WiFi is Pocket), kobo will download dictionaries from its server to replace my dictionaries in .kobo/dict, so I have to connect kobo to my computer and manually copy my dict directory into .kobo to replace them again.

Is it able to disable kobo to sync dictionaries from its server into .kobo/dict?

Last edited by codychan; 12-07-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #90
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Why is that?
If I remember correctly some (all) system fonts are hardcoded / encrypted.
That'd mean that just in case you want exchange one you must code in the same way.

Good luck.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests