Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 01:45 AM   #1
Paul-CalibreUser
Paul-CalibreUser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with subdirectories in custom columns

Hello,

I just started with Calibre, but now I have problems to sort books in custom columns:
1. I generated two custom columns "Computer" and "Elektronik" on the same way.
2. I added user data to the "Computer" custom column (see Calibre-01.jpg, red markings) to generate a new subdirectory "CHIP" and in there the subdirectory "NAS". It works!
3. I added user data to the "Elektronik" custom column (see Calibre-02.jpg, green markings) to generate a new subdirectory "RaspberryPi" and in there the subdirectory "Allgemein", but it's not working.

I have no idea what's the difference between both custom column (max. length of entries ???), but I don't found a solution for this problem.

Thanks for any help!!

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-01.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	168149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-02.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	168150  
Paul-CalibreUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:44 AM   #2
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Look about the subgoup
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

Quote:
You create the custom column in the usual way, using Preferences -> Add your own columns. This example uses “#genre” as the lookup name and “Genre” as the column heading. The column type is “Comma-separated text, like tags, shown in the Tag browser.”

Then after restarting calibre, you must tell calibre that the column is to be treated as a hierarchy. Go to Preferences  →  Look & feel  →  Tag browser and enter the lookup name “#genre” into the “Categories with hierarchical items” box. Press Apply, and you are done with setting up.

Last edited by un_pogaz; 12-04-2018 at 02:46 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:12 AM   #3
Paul-CalibreUser
Paul-CalibreUser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Many thanks, that solves my problem !!!
Paul-CalibreUser is offline   Reply With Quote