Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #1006
Elfenhorstm
Elfenhorstm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Metadata Quality Plugin idea

Hi readers

The most annoying thing if you import a folder of books is to quality check the metadata. So my idea would be:
First step: check the author name against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the author name is valid mark it as valid in a user defined field.
Second step: check the titles of the marked authors against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the title is valid as well mark the book as valid in the user defined field.
Third step: move the valid Books from the import database to a valid database.( That's the way i do it manually. At the valid database i do all the other quality checks like case and so on. If i'm happy with the result I move everything to my 100% database)
From my experience 80% of the books are valid and to handle the leftovers would be much easier and quicker.

What do you think?

regards

Matze
Elfenhorstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #1007
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfenhorstm View Post
Hi readers

The most annoying thing if you import a folder of books is to quality check the metadata. So my idea would be:
First step: check the author name against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the author name is valid mark it as valid in a user defined field.
Second step: check the titles of the marked authors against Amazon/wiki/bol whatever.
If the title is valid as well mark the book as valid in the user defined field.
Third step: move the valid Books from the import database to a valid database.( That's the way i do it manually. At the valid database i do all the other quality checks like case and so on. If i'm happy with the result I move everything to my 100% database)
From my experience 80% of the books are valid and to handle the leftovers would be much easier and quicker.

What do you think?

regards

Matze

Matze:

See the existing plug-in/add-on at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247425

It currently comes with a database of over 20,000 valid authors in all of their name variations, and that database can dynamically be updated automatically by you for authors that you consider 100% valid for a fact certain.

Its workflow already is what you describe, and is shown in a diagram within the plug-ins User Guide (attached to the OP).

It also currently comes with a database of:

• ~ 4,194 Book Awards that it can create Tags for automatically.
  • ~ 559 Author Pseudonyms that it can update a custom column with Automatically.
  • ~ 13,497 Author-Series-Book combinations for the Series and Series Index of which it will automatically apply to books as needed

Its Original Post has many resource attachments for you to peruse, including the User Guide.

It is not a "tool bag", but rather a set of tools that are designed to be used in a mostly predefined sequence. The menu ToolTips plus the User Guide explain what the sequence is.

The plug-in is not appropriate for everyone. The OP states what type of user would be successful using it, and conversely, the types of users who should not even install it or try to use it.

Good luck.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:30 AM   #1008
Elfenhorstm
Elfenhorstm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Thanks for let me know

give it a try
Elfenhorstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #1009
mickoz74
mickoz74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire, nook simple touch, ipad
Maybe I missed it but if you have duplicates of books you need to display them so duplicates can be quickly removed, as they don't show on calibre but put it on your reader and loads of duplicates
mickoz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #1010
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickoz74 View Post
Maybe I missed it but if you have duplicates of books you need to display them so duplicates can be quickly removed, as they don't show on calibre but put it on your reader and loads of duplicates
Have you considered using the existing Find Duplicates optional plugin?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #1011
mickoz74
mickoz74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire, nook simple touch, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Have you considered using the existing Find Duplicates optional plugin?

BR
Yeah did it afterwards, I wish I could search duplicate covers for same book format
mickoz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:45 AM   #1012
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I would like to request for a plugin that does the same as or similar to FootnoteLinker Sigil plugin for the Editor.

nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #1013
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I would like to request for a plugin that does the same as or similar to FootnoteLinker Sigil plugin for the Editor.

Have you asked Doitsu? He's unlikely to see a request here.

BR
Old 07-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #1014
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Have you asked Doitsu? He's unlikely to see a request here.

BR
I asked him just now, but he said it's impossible for him.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #1015
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I asked him just now, but he said it's impossible for him.
Check out Doitsu's Sigil plugin thread, there have been some 'developments' that may make it possible

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-05-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:12 AM   #1016
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Check out Doitsu's Sigil plugin thread, there have been some 'developments' that may make it possible
I looked into converting my plugin, but eventually decided against it, because it'd take me forever to figure out the Calibre API equivalents of the Sigil API.

Hopefully, another Calibre plugin developer will convert it for nqk or write an even better one.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #1017
Jessica_June
Jessica_June began at the beginning.

download information from http://www.drivethrurpg.com

Hi,

I've got a stack of pdfs that I've purchased from http://www.drivethrurpg.com . The problem is that the documents have very little in the way of metadata stored in them which means it's a very laborious task to try and ensure that all the information in Calibre is correct.

I notice that the product description text appears to be contained within this html tag:

Quote:
< div class="alpha omega prod-content" >
I'll confess to not knowing anything about programming, it's a bit beyond me but is there an easy way to extract this information and insert it into say the Calibre comment field for example?
Jessica_June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #1018
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The website that sells the role-playing games has a complete description for each pdf that could easily be copied and pasted into the Calibre comments. The site also has more metadata, such as the authors, pages, artists and published date that could easily be copied as well.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #1019
iDron
Banned
iDron began at the beginning.

Plugin for upload books by FTP on server.
In the settings specify the host, login and password.

For example:
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #1020
Dragons
Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Yes, I would really like to have this plugin also.
Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development