Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Mr.Husky
Mr.Husky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
How to convert "Book A" using css, formatting, fonts 1:1 -> "Book B"?

Hi everybody.

I have a "Book A". I like a publisher's paragraph spacing, css style, custom fonts etc. How to convert another book using these data 1:1 with Calibre? Is it possible? Thank you for your attention.

Spoiler:
Sorry for my poor English, at least i tried
Mr.Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Husky View Post
Hi everybody.

I have a "Book A". I like a publisher's paragraph spacing, css style, custom fonts etc. How to convert another book using these data 1:1 with Calibre? Is it possible? Thank you for your attention.

Spoiler:
Sorry for my poor English, at least i tried
Play matchup .

Since many books DO NOT use a common stylesheet (or the coders ignore House Rules mapping)
Yo need to make the proper styles do the same.
1) make the body class match
2) make the indented paragraph style match
2b) view and adjust Italic / bold span class as needed if they do not inherit nicely.
3) make First Paragraph, Chapter title match (if you care about it that far)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert