Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
" Other" in Kindle Fire storage?

I keep on seeing that I have files stored on the KF HD 6" in "Other" which take up space, but I can't figure out how to clear the files out. Some are under books and some under Video but I can't figure out how to delete them and open up space. Has anyone else here had that problems? How did you solve it? Thanks.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I keep on seeing that I have files stored on the KF HD 6" in "Other" which take up space, but I can't figure out how to clear the files out. Some are under books and some under Video but I can't figure out how to delete them and open up space. Has anyone else here had that problems? How did you solve it? Thanks.
I do know that if you create your own folders at the top level the storage analysis will put them under 'other'.

But for a better analysis, try installing a File Management App such as ES3(free)

A 'Clean' app is also useful (Latest ES3 claims to have added this feature).
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Also, if you're using ES as your file manager and have deleted anything be sure to check it's trash bin. Took me a minute to figure that out when I deleted 3GB worth of files, but my avaialbe space didn't change until after I went in and emptied the trash.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Also, if you're using ES as your file manager and have deleted anything be sure to check it's trash bin. Took me a minute to figure that out when I deleted 3GB worth of files, but my avaialbe space didn't change until after I went in and emptied the trash.
Always a good idea to check there. The same thing applies in traditional desktop computers.
Advert
Old 11-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Always a good idea to check there. The same thing applies in traditional desktop computers.
Yes, but I specifically mentioned it because many android file managers don't have a trash bin, but ES does.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, but I specifically mentioned it because many android file managers don't have a trash bin, but ES does.
I like that it does. It gives you a chance of recovering things if you delete them by mistake.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:10 AM   #8
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Indeed but the feature was only added to ES this month as was the 'clean' option.

The analyse feature is "SD Card Analyser"
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:39 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I still haven't been able to find the 'other' that is stored under Videos, etc. though. I have one audio book file that won't seem to delete itself from my KF for some reason. I try repeatedly to do so and it just stays there. Docs might be the word documents and some of the non-Amazon books I have downloaded.